• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The S5 II was announced on 1/4/23."

Right, I misread the date -- dpreview.com reviewed the camera on 1/18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As predicted, LR 12.2 was just released, and a quick test shows that it supports the Lumix S5 II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is excellent news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! Thank you for sharing John! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on "add photos" in LRCC,my Fuji xh2 is listed. The RAF previews show up but when i go to import i get the error message "these files appear to be unsupported or damaged". This is a new camera with a new cfexpress type B card. I am connecting the camera directly to my macbook via USB-c . Any reason why it wont import them? Driving me crazy lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bobb82368016, Adobe retired the name "Lightroom CC" years ago and there are now multiple programs called "Lightroom". Do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the first line here, so we know the precise version of Lightroom you're running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and Install Camera Raw Pluggin
Mine fixed by installing pluggin that you can download from adobe, try this one
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I think to buy R5
I wanted to see RAW files, but all RAW downloaded from here:
https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/8198842835/canon-r5-sample-gallery-dpreview-tv
cannot be open in the last photoshop and ACR 15.4.

Adobe still does not support R5 ??? Or what's wrong with these files? (There, in comments to the first photo, people also write that they cannot open them!)
I try on win and macos. Even the Adobe DNG converter cannot convert these files.
But viewers of images like Appoloone on MacOS can open them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

IMG_5308.jpeg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The R5 has been supported for a long time now. I've been using mine for over a year with no issues.  Moving to authoritative thread on camera support - not a bug. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey try to download any file from the link i provided...none of them open in ACR15.4...
what's wrong with them? they are not damaged because I can open them in a viewer.
does this mean that adobe only supports one type of raw?

Do these files have some kind of compression set in the settings or bit depth or what?
it is obvious that for some reason this type of file is not supported, let's answer specific questions objectively, and not write about someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey try to download any file from the link i provided...none of them open in ACR15.4...
what's wrong with them? they are not damaged because I can open them in a viewer.

By @KenJay189

Well damaged? Not sure but absolutely screwed up! Look at what I find trying them in RawDigger:

These raws are MESS UPThese raws are MESS UP

Whatever this site is doing, this is totally messed up. 

When you say you can open them in a 'viewer,' what does that mean? You may be seeing the embedded JPEG which isn't messed up, but there raw data sure seems to be. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The raws from this other Canon EOS R5 sample gallery at dpreview.com appear to download correctly:

https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/7757595702/canon-eos-r5-sample-gallery 

With its imminent shutdown, dpreview.com probably has just a skeleton crew trying to keep things running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KenJay189 - try to open those files in any other raw converter or in a viewer that is NOT using an embedded JPG ... it is known for years that some raws posted by dpreview were corrupted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom mobile not support sony zve1 apsc mode arw file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Do you know when lightroom would be able to deal with Sony A6700 RAW files ? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new camera from a major manufacturer is usually supported in the version of Camera Raw/Lightroom following the release of the camera. LR releases about every eight weeks, so we might expect to see LR 12.5 around August 8 - 15.  

In the US, B&H, Adorama, and Amazon won't start shipping the a6700 until August 3, so it's very possible that Adobe won't have a production camera in time for LR 12.5.  In that case, support will be delayed for another two months.

(I have no inside information.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting an error that I can't open the raw files from my Sony a6700, can't convert them either using Adobe DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug. It's a new camera, not supported yet. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

à chaque sortie d'un nouveau boîtier Adobe met beaucoup d etemps à les intégrer via une mise à jour... alors que LUMNAIR NEO par exemple ouvre bien les ARW du A6700 que j'ai aussi.... Dommage que ce soit aussi long après la sortie.... il faut patienter ou utiliser autre chose pour le déveoppement RAW....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe update Lightroom I'm converting ARW to DNG image by image using: https://www.onlineconverter.com/raw-to-dng

A right pain, but some kind of solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines