• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that you're not able to import the images from your Canon EOS R5 C into Lightroom. Since this is a new camera, it is currently not supported.

For more info on Camera support, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

To check out the list of supported cameras & the minimum software version required for it, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Important cameras like this will always be supported in due time, but Adobe does not announce such things in advance (as illustrated by the rather useless answer from Nikunj).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Does Canon and Adobe work together to get files compatible before releasing the camera raw file?

To answer this part of your question, it seems Adobe only gets its hands on new cameras from the major brands when they are released. Then they have to go out and buy a bunch of copies and shoot a whole lot of reference charts and generate new profiles for the new camera. Only then can they be incorporated in a release that first has to go through beta testing and such.  So three months after release before you see support is not atypical. Once in a while they clearly get the new camera before release and then you see suppot almost immediately. It is clealy not a priority for the camera makers to help third party raw conversion software makers support their camera at release. Most camera makers seem to think that their own software is best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update 14.3 for Camera Raw does npt seem to really work with Panasonic Lumix GH6 .RW2 files. 
Mac OS 10.14.6 Photoshop 2021 (22.5.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine on LRC 11.3, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import photos from the canon EOS R5 but it is saying an error has occurred or the files have been corrupted when will Lightroom support a new canon camera and also for Adobe Premiere Pro support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As community users we are not privy to release dates, but Adobe have reverse engineered the CR3 files and released the DNG Converter that will give you raw files to edit in Lightroom in the interim until Lightroom is updated (very close?).

DNG CONVERTER

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 9.4 & Lightroom Desktop 3.4 which integrates Camera Raw 12.4 and now supports the Canon EOS R5 raw files.

Here's a list to the other newly added camera support in the August release: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

To update Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop to the latest version, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to the app. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've updated my Lightroom Classic to 9.4 version, however, it does still not support Canon R5 CR3 file import. Can you please help?

Thanks.

Regards,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vish,

Sorry to hear that you cannot import your Canon EOS R5 CR3 images into Lightroom Classic 9.4.

• Are you getting any specific error message?
  • Did you converted the CR3 files using the Canon's image utility tool?
  • Are you able to open the raw files in Photoshop or Camera Raw?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't get any error message in Lightroom. I can open and see raw CR3 in Canon R5. If I convert with the DNG converter, I can see and import converted files. However, I'm looking for CR3 files import directly (Without conversion) in lightroom as I used to do with my older camera (CR2) files. Is that possible with this new update?

For reference, I attached a snapshot of the lightroom screen to see there are no RAW pictures files (#85 files) displayed for import.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vishwas

No CR3 raw files are displayedNo CR3 raw files are displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem, with a CFExpress card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I can now import my Canon R5 files, there are no Camera Settings.  When will this be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody but Adobe would know when they'll be available, and Adobe rarely announces features in advance. There's an issue with the CR3 raw format which is apparently being worked on, but it's been like that for over a year now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a studio photographer who picked up the R5 around launch, I've been waiting patiently for a really long time. We're now in 2021 and still nothing. What I've been doing and I suggest everybody else that reads this does is to call the Adobe customer service number every few weeks and ask about it. The phone support person will say they are passing on the case so if enough of us are constantly calling, it might make it more of a priority. Obviously the excuse that canon hasn't given them information is BS because capture one has had the capability to tether with the r5 for a really long time. I was shocked when 10.1 came out and still nothing.

This is been a huge problem for me and my work flow, and I can't go on like this for much longer. Like many of us on this form, I will need to make the switch to C1 if it's not fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the R6 and I'm super frustrated with the fact that there are no camera profiles/camera neutral, because now all of my presets that were made with that (that I used with the R), are not working. That's a huge hit to my workflow considering I used the same presets for everything. 

If the profiles are updated/released for the R5/R6, do we think that'll solve this issue and presets that were created in "camera neutral" before will work again as they did on former camera models? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect so. Canon use mainly the same picture styles in the R5/6 as they do in the R, so there should be no reason why they wouldn't work if ever Adobe creates the camera-matching profiles for those cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 12 years of nikon I switched to canon, I was one of the first owners of Canon R5 to be totally disappointed by the Canon-Adobe tandem lack of camera profiles and the possibility of tethering with my new Canon R5, the worst thing is that Canon blames on Adobe for lack of profiles. and Adobe blames Canon for not providing the codes for development. a meaningless ping-pong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully understand your frustration!  I am also very frustrated that I cannot import directly from camera in CR3 format.  

What is the progress on this please Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully understand your frustration!  I am also very frustrated that I cannot import directly from camera in CR3 format.  

Can you provide some information about the problem that is frustrating you:

1. The version number of Lightroom that you are using

2. The operating system version that you are using

3. What exactly are you trying to do, i.e. are you trying to shoot when tethered, or are you trying to do a normal import?

4. If you are trying to do a normal import, are you importing using a direct camera attachment, or are you importing from the memory card using a card reader? And what specifically happens when you try to import, e.g. is there an error message and if so what exactly does it say?

5. If you are trying to shoot tethered, what happens when you try? Again, if there is an error message please quote it exactly.

As far as I know, the only current issue with R5 imports is the minor annoyance that Lens Corrections and CA removal are enabled by default during import, but all other functions (import and tethered shooting) work correctly. So if there's something that's not working correctly for you we need some details in order to figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

In answer to question 3, I cannot do either. I am using a cable from the
camera in both cases.

If i want to tether it says " No camera detected".

If I try and import into Lightroom (using a cable) it detects the Camera
but says "No photos found". My camera contains a CF express card and a SD
Card

I have just upgraded my camera to the latest Firmware.

Please see all screenshots attached for other required information.

But here is a thing - Even though I have created all these screenshots now
to give you proof, I decided to switch off the camera and disconnect from
the laptop. I then reconnected the cable and then turned on the camera. I
tried again and both tools worked! So I really think that this has
something to do with the order of connection maybe? I tried again and it
did not work. Disconnected cable. I tried a third time and it worked
again! So it seems to be intermittent. What I also noticed is that it
just takes a long time to detect the camera when tethering and importing.
You will see that the one attachment in the import window brings up the
blocks but did not display the contents of each photo!

Perhaps it is a cable issue.

Well I am happy now. The problem could be on my side with the cable. I am
giving you all this information so that someone may learn from it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I bought my R5 back in early 2021, I have seen the same issue raised over and over, with the same pettifoggery from the Adobe folks. I would find it less offensive if the Adobe professionals would just say straight up either that they don't know, or that Adobe will work it out whenever they finally work it out. An apology for whatever is really wrong would be most welcome too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pbon2 wrote:

Since I bought my R5 back in early 2021, I have seen the same issue raised over and over, with the same pettifoggery from the Adobe folks.

The Canon R5 (and R5C) is supported, what's the issue? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pbon2 Love to know what pettifoggery you're referring to.

The answer to Raw file support always boils down to the same parameters:

1. If the camera is supported then you need the appropriate version of Camera Raw installed.
  2. If the camera is supported and you don't have the appropriate version of Camera Raw installed then use the DNG converter
  3. If the camera is not supported then you'll have to wait for a Camera Raw update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the camera is not supported then you'll have to wait for a Camera Raw update

This is true for all 3rd party raw converters. This 'issue' is totally the fault of the camera manufacturers.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines