• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea nice trick but for now i'm just shoting in JPEG and wait the update desperately hahaha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to MacOS Montenery and LrC 11.0 with Camera Raw 14.0, and Sony ZV-E10 ARW raw files are readable in Lightroom! Great! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, both camera raw and lightroom has been updated supporting the zve10 and the kit lens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the last update has compatibility with ZV W10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working with Photoshop too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested on LrC 11.0 on Big Sur and it's working now! A lot of new lens profiles too, I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my class would like adobe to be updated to support the Phase One IQ4 100mp. As students at uni, we are put at a disadvantage to using this camera in conjunction with your software and would like to see this implemented in a future update that would support us massively for our field of work.

https://we.tl/t-5XmjwuJX0k

-phase one IQ4 100 mp file

Thanks

Kyle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like Camera Raw support for the IQ4 100 trichromatic. My clients are not happy that they can not open the raw files. Please fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently my Sony ZVe 10 has been released for more than 2 months, but raw images are still not supported to read on PTS 2021 and LR 2021
so I would like to ask the developer to speed up the software update for Sony Zv E10

thank you

google drive photo link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1alT5qvNlfRDR8Kd2zyPPn3iTX1jNAMpL/view?usp=drivesdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

IF your camera is so new, it isn't listed here, nothing you can do for the time being. 
Every time Canon (or Nikon, or Sony etc) release a new cameras, they do this stupid trick of making yet a new proprietary raw file that everyone outside the company, including Adobe need access to so they can 'hack' the tiny differences to support that new proprietary raw. You the customer get to wait and are forced to use the manufacturers raw converter until this all takes place. It is silly but that's how it has been for decades. Some companines are faster to do this than others, but the facts are, every 3rd party raw converter manufacturer has to go through this silly dance. Complain about this to your camera company.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The just released camera raw 14 now supports the Sony ZV-E10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not support M50 Mark II, this model is not in the list of supported cameras, when will this model be included? 

Thnx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one who knows the answer would be allowed to tell you. As a guess, I'd expect it to be in tbe next release which would be in 2-3 months' time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andre21868627owtu wrote:

Lightroom does not support M50 Mark II, this model is not in the list of supported cameras, when will this model be included? 

Thnx.

See: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/why-is-my-camera-not-supported.html

IF your camera is so new, it isn't listed here, nothing you can do for the time being. 

Every time Canon (or Nikon, or Sony etc) release a new cameras, they do this stupid trick of making yet a new proprietary raw file that everyone outside the company, including Adobe need access to so they can 'hack' the tiny differences to support that new proprietary raw. You the customer get to wait and are forced to use the manufacturers raw converter until this all takes place. It is silly but that's how it has been for decades. Some companines are faster to do this than others, but the facts are, every 3rd party raw converter manufacturer has to go through this silly dance. Complain about this to your camera company. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony A7M4(LICE 7M4) Raw file is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to get my A7 IV this quickly, not happy that Camera RAW doesn't support these yet. Any idea when Adobe will add the support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Adobe never announces publicly when support will be added. Most likely *but no guarantees* the support for this camera will be included in the next release of Lightroom Classic”

I guess it will take 1-2 months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious when you will start supporting ILCE-7M4 and SEL70200GM2 at Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TEAWAN 

We are not Adobe in this forum, we are other Lightroom Classic users who don't know Adobe's plans. And Adobe never announces these things before it happens.

Normally *but no guarantee* new cameras are supported in the next release of Lightroom Classic. So you will just have to be patient, and we'll all find out at the same time when this capability is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean it's just community site, right? got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received the Sony A7IV and I noticed that I can't import the ARW files into Lightroom. I updated Lightroom and Camera Raw, but the camere isn't supported yet. Is there an update soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I am currently trying to import images from the newest Sony Alpha 7 IV camera. 
My setup is the following: 

Windows 10, 
Adobe Lightroom Classic V11.0.1,
Camera Raw v14.0.1,

I also tried with the DNG converter V14.0.1 which also didn't allow me to convert the images. 

Expected result would be that the images are imported as usual into Lightroom, but already the preview doesn't show up. After starting the import, it simply shows that the format is not supported. 

Hope that can be solved soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found a workaround that lets you at least use the images to some extent: 
- Download the Imaging Edge Desktop program from the Sony Website. 

- Either work with the image directly in there (then you won't need Lightroom anymore ;))
- Export the image via - File - Output 
- Import the image into Lightroom and do whatever you like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 101, new cameras need new Adobe Camera RAW, be that the plug-in used by PS, or the code internal to LrC, Lr,.

The cameras supported are listed in:

The Sony A7 IV, released last October, does not appear to be in it. 

Not being an employee for Adobe, I have no idea when they will fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the image via - File - Output
- Import the image into Lightroom and do whatever you like.

Yes but that's a rendered image, not raw right?

Native raw support isn't there yet, again thanks to Sony (and the same happens with Canon, Nikon, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines