• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will adobe support Raw files from the new sony A7iiii?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one waiting to be able to use the RAW files from my new Sony a7IV. Looks like we will have to wait until mid January?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, the problem is getting bigger every day. Maybe someone from Adobe (@Rick Flohr) will write one sentence when there can be support for Sony A7IV?

I, by the way, also wrote a message to support Sony that they would also work on this topic.

Greetings, Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the support for the sony a7 iv raws added to lightroom aswell. I got the camera, it works, but I practically renders it useless if I can't open or edit the raw files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do think though, there is a pretty good chance we update will come in december. I just checked the prior releases which brought support of the a7ii, a7iii and a7r iii and all came within two months of announced of the camera or one month after the camera hitting the stores,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I picked up my Sony A7iv yesterday, and I was wondering if there is anyone from the Adobe tech support team here that could let me know when we can expect a LR/Camera RAW update to support the Sony ILCE-7M4??

Many Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dem schliesse ich mich an!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i definitely agree with that, preferably RAW support for Lightroom 6.8 at the moment Lightroom 6.8 with camera RAW 9.8. Many need RAW support for the Sony A7M4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preferably RAW support for Lightroom 6.8

That won't be happening. Adobe only ever add new camera support to the latest versions of Lightroom and Camera Raw.

Users running earlier versions must either upgrade or stay with their existing versions and use the free DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer, 
but the DNG converter does not yet support the Sony A7IV, 
an update will come and if so, when would it be available? 
Many users would like to use the DNG converter urgently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. New camera support gets added to Camera Raw, Lightroom and the DNG converter at roughly the same time. When Adobe is ready. Until then, we all wait.

Adobe works on adding support for new cameras all the time and releases periodic updates, often including several cameras from various manufacturers at a time. The A7 IV seems to be a popular request and will be supported shortly. This often happens when a camera is popular. Canon, Nikon and other brands have all been through the same cycle over the years.

In the meantime, you'll have to use the Sony software to save Raw images from the A7 IV as TIFFs for importing into Photoshop and Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarlheinzS wrote:
Thank you for the answer, 
but the DNG converter does not yet support the Sony A7IV, 
an update will come and if so, when would it be available? 
Many users would like to use the DNG converter urgently

Everything will get updated about the same time and no one here can tell you when.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr mobile just got updated with Camera RAW 14.1

Maybe just maybe it'll be published tomorrow on desktop apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and just as predicted based on past releases, LR 11.1 was released 7 weeks (48 days) after LR 11.0.  And also as predicted, the Sony a7 IV, announced 5 days before LR 11.0 was released, came out in the following LR release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have mentioned, it could be months until the next release. If this is the case, then I would have to request a refund from Adobe for the months I am unable to edit A7iv ARW images. 

I appreciate that Adobe require the camera etc, however YouTube reviewers have had the camera for months, so surely Adobe could have requested a model before general release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats true, although I got my hopes up as for the past 4 years, adobe did release an update in the first two weeks of december.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"surely Adobe could have requested a model before general release"

Camera Manufacturers reserve the right to change specifications up until the time of shipment.  Working from a prerelease version of a camera creates the potential of having to do the work multiple times - or worse - releasing support on a not-yet-finished spec and having a substandard experience. 

Adobe publishes supported camera lists that are up to date. It is always wise to check the support and compatibility of your existing hardware and software with any new purchase. Research ensures you are not caught unawares. 

The team is working on support for an upcoming release. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk,

Thanks for replying, the right to change specifications makes a lot of sense so that explains that. Good to hear they are working on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't explain the fact that both Z9 and R3 are already supported, but not the A7IV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic news Rikk!!  I appreciate that it is risky creatig profiles etc from a pre release model, so I will just sit tight and hope for an update soon. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find it very serious from both company TBH...

Lots of desapointments from clients who are unable to use their gear, especially from a company which make you pay monthly apparently to make sure you get frequent and fast updates.

Sony is a leader in camera manufacturing, Adobe is a leader in photo softwear, can't they plan together their release and show why they are on this position?

Should be a lesson from both, it really dropped the hype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand what you say, but disagree totally, since I can open the sony a7iv raw with on1 photoraw or luminar Ai... why? May thos are to be considered better company? With better software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure maybe we should all cancel our Lightroom subscription and use other software... Better I don't know, working with the latest camera yes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well well well... I didn't even think of trying Luminar, and it only works!!  So why can Luminar do it and Adobe can't??  Thanks for the heads up @LucaViola_Italy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines