• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im honestly sorry to respond.

I picked up my a7iv yesterday, and have the same issue ofcourse. But the same post i will be making to both company's. im a VERRRRY happy customer of both Sony and Adobe, both make my business run, but this is really a f#cking discrace!

Both DOMINATING the market of both processing and caputring, but not having the common, and to be honest, simple decentsy to actualy make the software meet the hardware is behond reason or logic.

Dont get me wrong, i will still be using both brands, I love you both, and im very happy to, but this is just awfull... 

If any post reaches management, please please please, make arrangement with camera manufacturers to prevent these kinds of screwups in the future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. My A7 IV is useless. Any date of release? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wayan Barre wrote:

Any date of release? 😞

See the answer marked correct from Dec 2nd.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a correct answer if you care about customer relations.

This camera is the most anticipated camera in years and being totally quiet is disrespectful to customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fred4242 wrote:

That is not a correct answer if you care about customer relations.

Facts are facts whether you like them or not.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

But we as customers have the right to complain too. And we should, as that is how things change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fred4242 wrote:

Yes.

But we as customers have the right to complain too. And we should, as that is how things change.

Have you complained to the companies that caused this problem in the first place, and have done so for decades (the camera manufacturers)? Have you complained to Sony? 

Your complaints here will not change that fact; where the original problem starts. Proprietary raws. 

Your complaints here will not speed up the release of the camera support; that's locked in stone.

Your complaints here will not change the facts provied in the correct answer: no one can give you a date of release prior to release. Some here know that date; we are under NDA. We cannot and will not provide that answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the fact that Adobe does not give a release date for the update? and keeps users without an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Skeje7 wrote:

And what is the fact that Adobe does not give a release date for the update? and keeps users without an answer?

Adobe and most software companies including mine: don't make a promise to customers that due to many factors, could be delayed. Now doing that would generate legitimate complaints!

Enough said: the correct answer was provided and that will remain factual no matter how many continue to ASK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also work in software and for me this is very strange behaviour from both Adobe and Sony.

I will keep asking until I get an answer or can use my new camera as advertised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fred4242 wrote: I will keep asking until I get an answer or can use my new camera as advertised. 

You can't use your new camera? With Sonys supplied proprietary software? As Sony advertised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fred4242 wrote:

No, I cannot.

You cannot specifically do what? 

Did you not get the Sony proprietary software to render their proprietary raws? Others here have stated they have and can render the proprietary raws. 

Where and when did Adobe advertise you could use their software with your new camera? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you for real saying that photographers should change their workflow and create some kind of extra catalogue with photos unmergable with the others because the company behind the biggest photo editing software on the market doesn't communicate with their paying customers?

I'm asking for commimunication, not and update of software. So I can make a choice how to solve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fred4242 wrote:

Are you for real saying that photographers should change their workflow and create some kind of extra catalogue with photos unmergable with the others because the company behind the biggest photo editing software on the market doesn't communicate with their paying customers?

Nope, I never said that but you can assume I did. 

You told us (copy and paste):  @fred4242 wrote: "I will keep asking until I get an answer or can use my new camera as advertised". 

Can you or can you not use your new camera with Sony's software, as others here have said they can and, where and when did Adobe advertise you could with their product with that camera? 

Simple questions, no need to assume anything, just answer or move on. 

Adobe support for your camera IS coming. 

No one here can or will tell you when. 

There is a way you can use your camera today if you wish to. With raw. There is no need to over dramatize the situation by suggesting (or assuming) you can't use your camera. You should be able to while you wait on Adobe. But the facts and the correct answer still stand. Anything more beyond that facts and answers provided here is CWOBaT (colossal waste of bandwidth and time). Time you can spend using your new camera and time Adobe and the volunteers here can use aiding others with more correct answers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting you call me asking for communication a waste of bandwith and time. In my eyes that is unprofessional. 

I will continue asking for that ignoring comments like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the Community-Expert status by posting such answers all day long?

If you advertise a camera as a professional camera it should work with software most professionals use, do we agree on that? And on the other hand you should know as an experienced manufacturer what most customers (maybe except you) expect from your product right after shipping. If most of the people are frustrated now, especially when they were hyped before, that's something you should deeply consider as a company. In my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have complained to Sony.

Sony is not to blame for the lack of informagion though, which I see as the biggest problem.

If Adobe put this information under and NDA it is their bad choice and their disrespect to rgeir paying customers. Defend such behaviour is my eyes strange. Give one good reason not to write "We understand your frustration. We are working on it. We cannot give a date yet but it is our priority."

That would come a long way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it vobatins vital feature for some users it would be respectful to give an preliminary date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I agree that it probably doesn't make any difference, I still feel obliged to voice my opinion. Don't expect this to be productive, but it makes me feel a bit better. I am a monthly subscriber to Adobe products, and regardless of the "Adobe need to wait for a production camera..." etc etc, there's no excuse for lack of support for such a flagship camera, that was not only highly anticipated, but also quite delayed. I highly doubt the raw file types changed last minute, and also I'm left puzzled as to how YouTubers are able to edit their A7iv raws on "an unreleased version" of Lightroom. The big problem here, like most things in this world, is that Sony and Adobe have the power, and unless everyone joined forces to boycott them, the consumer has very little to no power. It's very much a case of tough luck. Is it Sony's fault? Definitely. Is it Adobe's fault? Definitely. I wouldn't mind waiting if there was a release date for the update and it was soon, which isn't too much to ask for. I have just downloaded a trial of Luminar and the Raws loaded straight up, do I have to purchase this whilst the biggest editing software company in the world catches up? Yes. If not, I can't shoot on my A7iv as I can't be sure how long clients will have to wait for the images, and it's not feasible to convert 1000's of images to tiff. I also can't sell my A7iii which I was reliant upon to part cover the cost of the upgrade. If anyone thinks it's not a big deal that the update hasn't come out to support the A7iv yet, you're right in thinking it's not a big deal to the majority, but it is actually a big deal to some people.

Either try harder to have updates ready for camera launch, or at least have the decency to keep your customers in the loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very well written.

The last paragraph capture it for me.

Information. Information. Information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a comment here last night that it appears has been deleted, as we're clearly only allowed to post what Adobe don't mind people seeing. Whether it is Adobe's fault, or Sony's fault. Personally I think both are to blame, it must be easy to do what you want when you pretty much lead your industry. If I can open Raw files on a programme (Luminar) that costs a minimal amount to buy outright, why can't I open them on the most popular editing software in the world? There's no excuse at all. Adobe know that nobody will really stop using their software in the grand scheme of things, so they stick to their guns and make lives difficult for photographers most supportive of the photography market. 

As far as I can see, having tried all the options I have read, unless you want to be met with 1000's of 190mb tiff files whilst editing for clients, either download Luminar, or leave your camera at home and take your old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just purchased the latest Sony A7M4. Just wanted to know from the development team when would the upgrade in LS and PS to be able to read the ARW files format from this camera model . Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are all users like you. No one knows, only Adobe, and they usually don't tell.

Check here: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohamed Jusri5C70, Adobe almost never publishes information about release plans, but see here for likely dates based on past history:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-raw-file-support-requests-and-information/m-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines