• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Camera Raw File Support - Requests & Information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a complete overview of camera support in Photoshop and Lightroom, visit the following article:

Why doesn't my version of Photoshop or Lightroom support my camera?

1. Make sure your version of Photoshop or Lightroom is updated for the latest camera support.
  2. If you own an older version of Photoshop or Lightroom, Adobe provides backward compatibility for the latest cameras through the FREE Adobe DNG Converter.

Note: ETAs for specific cameras are not available

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

No one here knows. We don't know. Adobe never tells us when.

When Adobe gets all the work completed to successfully use raw photos from this camera, they will release a new version of the software. Then we will all find out at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Until Adobe release supported versions of Lightroom-Classic and ACR, you will need to edit with Canon's DPP App (Digital Photo Professional), and export to TIF or JPG.  DPP lists the R5c as supported.

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/UG-00_Before_0050.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

No. Nobody can tell you this because they either do not know, or they are not allowed to tell you because of their NDA. I understand your impatience, but you will simply have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

No one can say (except for some Adobe employees, who are not allowed to say). You should check the list here each time Adobe updates the Lighroom Classic software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

When is Adobe going to update so that users of Sony A6700 ... can use LR normally.

By @mariajen393

Update to Lightroom Classic 12.5 released last week. The Sony A6700 is supported in version 12.5.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-12-5/

New camera support:

• Sony
    • Sony A6700 (ILCE-6700)

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 788 Replies 788
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot directly import ARW files shot on new Sony ZV-E10 into Lightroom Classic (latest version, Mac). Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera was just released in the last few weeks. No Adobe software will read the RAW from this camera at this time. Most likely (but no guarantees either), the next release of Lightroom Classic will contain support for reading the RAWs of this camera.

You probably need to use the SONY software provided with the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. That's what I was afraid of too. The Sony software is very limited but I don't see any other option at the moment.... Do you have any idea when this update might come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any idea when this update might come?

By @darkblue.aircooled911

Adobe never tells us in advance. It could be tomorrow, it could be two months from tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only people who know when updates will be released are Adobe employees, and they are not allowed to divulge such plans. You will know when an update is released that supports that camera when the release is made available. Whether or not that is the next release or the subsequent release remains to be seen. In the meantime, use the included software or just shoot JPEG images until support becomes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting for the update

By @thorstenf22379571

You will probably have to wait just as long as the original poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the 10.4 release didn't include support for that model. Unless there is an interim update I suspect it will be approximately 3 months before You can expect an update that might include support. Don't quote me on that because I don't work for Adobe and don't have any inside information that would lend any credibility to that supposition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's OK with LUMINIAR AI (lol)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

IF your camera is so new, it isn't listed here, nothing you can do for the time being. 

Every time Canon (or Nikon, or Sony etc) release a new cameras, they do this stupid trick of making yet a new proprietary raw file that everyone outside the company, including Adobe need access to so they can 'hack' the tiny differences to support that new proprietary raw. You the customer get to wait and are forced to use the manufacturers raw converter until this all takes place. It is silly but that's how it has been for decades. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its still embarassing for such a large company to not be proactive with major manufacturers. 

The camera has been in the hands of early reviewers for months now. One would think sony could coordinate this with adobe for release.   If it is more than one month after the official aug 31st release date then why bother renew service when my year expires coming soon if its literally unusable for me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DanaF129 wrote:

Its still embarassing for such a large company to not be proactive with major manufacturers. 

The camera has been in the hands of early reviewers for months now. One would think sony could coordinate this with adobe for release.   

You can ask Sony if they did. Better, ask why they create a new proprietary raw for every release.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

News on the Adobe end? It's been almost a month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 2 monthes since this camera is released, and at least 2 updates during on photoshop during the wait. The DNG converter also can't convert ZV-E10 images!  Please address this problem asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the funny thing is that Luminar has full support for them... LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's been a while. DNG Converter also is not able to read those files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish they would make an announcement for this issue 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony ZV-E10 RAW filecCannot be Opened in Photoshop

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about more information... such as exact version of Photoshop and Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yotsaks34805212 wrote:

Sony ZV-E10 RAW filecCannot be Opened in Photoshop

That is a recently released camera and as far as I can see on the Adobe list of supported cameras, (https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html) not there yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using Adobe Lightroom for the pictures taken with my Xperia 1 III for a while, it seems that there is no full RAW image support. As you can see in the attached screenshot, DNG files generated by the Xperia 1 III are rendered as yellowish and blurry in the Lightroom.

It would be great to have the RAW support for Xperia 1 III.

Thank you in advance,

Hamit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

It's 10/25/2021..    i'm hoping that Adobe will apply the update for the ARW file from the Sony ZV-E10, so i can finaly use your softwear.

Thank you, pleas keep us in touch !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will help anyone, but a workaround I am using is to convert the.ARW file to.TIFF using Sony's editing software (Imaging Edge Desktop) and importing the .TIFF file to Lightroom. This ofcourse uses a lot of Storage.

I also tried the DNG converter and unfortunately it did not work. 

Not what I was expecting when buying the camera and I hope Adobe will release the update soon for Camera Raw to support Sony ZV-E10.ARW Files .

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines