Photoshop 2021 ACR keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 2015  Mojave

Photoshop 2021

After opening a small handful of Sony ARW files in ACR, loaded and displayed correctly, ACR crashes.

Today I selected all four ARW files and zoomed to 100% which resulted in dozens of ACR panels being generated behind the main ACR panel. The Macbook pro locked up again, totally unresponsive the only option was to power down.

I have been using Photoshop since the late 90’s and have never experienced this behaviour before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit facility here is not working on either of my computers hence additional information.

I donlt suspect that my graphics card is an issue, it was replaced last year after an Apple recall. I have no issues with Lightroom dealing with large numbers of RAW files, Nikon, Canon or Sony RAW files. The issue with ACR only developed after recent Photoshop 2021 updates. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered why edit button is no longer available on these forums.

The only way I can resolve ACR crashing, after it has loaded RAW files, is to turn off 'use graphics processor'.  

I have no issues with any other Apps relating to graphic card issues, neither was there an issue with ACR until recent CC updates.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines