• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop opens in Camera Raw 12.4 despite having updated to 13.2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Camera Raw 13.2 but when I open a raw file (.dng) in Photoshop, it uses Camera Raw 12.4.

I'm unable to delete Camera Raw 12.4. When I go to:  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats  , I can't find "Camera Raw 12.4", I can only find "Camera Raw.plugin". 

Any suggestions on what else I could do? 

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Ok, I was able to solve this for myself. I uninstalled Photoshop and Bridge. Then quit Creative Cloud. Then I rebooted my computer and reinstalled both of those apps using the Creative Cloud app. After I did that, the correct version of Camera Raw started to load when I tried to open something in Camera Raw. 

Good luck everyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same exact problem. Adobe cloud says I have current version of 13.2 but I definitly do not when I am in Camera Raw by checking About its clear that its not the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting "Camera Raw.plugin" and then install via the CC application? 

What do you mean you can't delete it? You have admin privileges?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes admin priveleges. using Mac specifically. Same as the OP I would show that CC says the current version but then when camera raw would open and you would view the about info section it was clearly stuck in 12.4 which gives no suprise why the new features werent available.

I can delete the plugin by finding the folder. But when I go to CC it shows as if it is still installed. Have restarted and even uninstalled photoshop. Each time it shows as Camera Raw is not only installed in CC but that its also current version. I was able to confirm that I deleted it when I moved it to the trash because it was no longer an option available to use in photoshop. When going to plugins it was gone so you would think it's truly deleted. Then I go to CC and there it is showing that it is installed. 

My problem now is that I have no way to get the plugin reinstalled since CC tells me it's installed but Photoshop says its not. So I am now worse off than I started. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm trying to use Super Resolution and have updated both ACR and PS from Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud confirms ACR is version 13.2.

But when I open a raw file, ACR 13.1 runs. Any idea how to disable 13.1 and force 13.2 to run?

iMac. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I did try to delete the plug-in but that really didn't seem to make a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was able to solve this for myself. I uninstalled Photoshop and Bridge. Then quit Creative Cloud. Then I rebooted my computer and reinstalled both of those apps using the Creative Cloud app. After I did that, the correct version of Camera Raw started to load when I tried to open something in Camera Raw. 

Good luck everyone! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was it ok to leave lightroom cc and lightroom classic installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did leave lightroom cc and lightroom classic installed and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Pamela! I tried what you did and it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. I went to this link, downloaded the most current version (13.2) and all is good! https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html?x-product=phsp%2F22.4.1&x-pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines