• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem running DNG converter from command line

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to run the DNG converter (version 13.1.0.658) from the command line as per specification, but I am not getting any output and I don't understand why.

This is the comand I type at the windows command prompt:

"c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe DNG Converter\Adobe DNG Converter.exe" -c *.NEF

and it just returns to the command prompt without any message or output.

If I type the above command without the -c and *.NEF at the end, it starts the GUI interface, so the path to the executable is correct.

When I get the above to work, I then want to take the next step and put it in a FOR loop as shown below to convert all my NEF files in all my folders (below current folder), but I first should get the basic command to work.

for /R %f in (*.NEF) do "c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe DNG Converter\Adobe DNG Converter.exe" -cr4.6 -dDNGexport %f

Please help

Thanks

Willem

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same problem with 14.0.1.952. It just exits immediately with no output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a Bridge script to convert files using DNG Converter via command line. It took a LOT of finagling (Windows sucks, and I use Powershell to hide the stupid command window which made things even more fun) but it does now work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

DNG Convert is part of the Script Utility Pack

As for your situation above, you need to provide an actual path to your original files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, specifying the full path was the key. Two other things I noticed:

1. Any kind of error (including wrong command line) is silent, just nothing happens
  2. You cannot use wildcards, like *.cr3

But now that I know this I can work with it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines