• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when using Filmstrip to work on multiple files

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an annoying issue when using the filmstrip in Camera Raw to work on selections of raw files.

I use PhotoMechanic to make selections then move to edit these in Camera Raw so I can copy and paste

settings on groups of images.

That was working fine until recently when I've been finding that Camera Raw will spontaneously open images

while I'm still working on them - usually when I'm pasting settings to a small group of images within the larger

group on the filmstrip.

This can become very annoying when on a deadline!

I'm working on a summer 2018 MacBook Pro running the 10.14 MacOS - both PS and Camera Raw

are on the latest versions.

Originally I thought I was accidentally touching a button on the Mac's touch-bar but I've been very careful

to make sure nothing its being knocked to open the files.

Thanks in advance!!

Andy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since PhotoMechanic is just a company trying to create a non-free version of Adobe Bridge, it might be the issue in this scenario. Not saying to get rid of it or anything. Just wondering if you have tried to go through Bridge instead as a test to see if you have the same issue? It's possible that the version of PhotoMechanic you are using is not fully up to date with the latest version of photoshop and camera raw, which might be throwing things off. It's worth a shot to find out. And since PhotoMechanic and Bridge are virtually the same thing and functions almost exactly the same as it pertains to speed and all that, it might give some insight as to what is happening with your workflow at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Daniel - going to give Bridge a go and see if the issue is replicated. Have to say though that PhotoMechanic is so much more than a non-free Bridge  - the captioning and ftp transfer function make it almost an essential part of the workflow in my business. I'll not be happy if that's the root of the problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do all of that captioning and everything else right there in Bridge as well. Though not sure about an ftp transfer function in there as I don't really do much of that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines