• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with colours on HDR panorama DNG

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a HDR Panorama on Photoshop. I've taken the bracketed shots, created HDR images in ACR, applied a custom preset for the individual frames of the Panorama and saved as DNG files. The colours in the individual HDR files display correctly.

Capture.JPG

When the individual DNG HDRs are loaded back into ACR and stitched into a Panorama the colours are completely ruined, (Purples/Blues showing as Greenish/Yellow). I've double checked auto settings were turned off before stitching and can't think what else could be causing this. 

Capture 1.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR ignores any settings when it merges images, so the custom preset you applied is ignored. To see if you can find an explanation, you must look at the unedited images. Remember that ACR is not intelligent in any way. It tries to match colors to seamlessly stitch the images, but it doesn't know what it is looking at, so if one image is clearly different in color, ACR may seriously change it trying to match it tomits neighbors.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, I've had another attempt and tried stitching the panorama using the bracketed shots without the preset and applying the preset after the stitching in ACR, It still produced the same error in the colours.

I managed to find a solution, making note of the settings used in the preset and applying them one by one until I found the dehaze setting was causing the colour shift.

Just seems odd the dehaze works fine when applied to individual frames but completely shifts the colours when applied to a panorama

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, ACR ignores the settings, so you might try saving the files as a tif then stitching them in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines