• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question: Nikon D750 is not showing in Photoshop / Camera Raw -> Camera profiles...What's wrong?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have CC version of Camera Raw and PS. They are installed automatically with the latest updates. 

The Adobe support pages for ACR are saying that Nikon D750 body is supported in ACR. I'm using NEF (Nikon Raw) files. Both Windows and Mac has the same issue ongoing as desribed below.

When I use the lens correction feature in PS and select from the list of Nikon Cameras, my camera Nikon D750 is not regonizrd. Only the old D3, D5, D700 and similar modesl are on the selection list, but none of the newer Nikon FX models (eg. D850, D610, D750 etc).

Reinstalling PS&ACR did not resolve the issue.

How to fix the issue? Do I need some additional SW or plugins from Adobe or Nikon?

(Note. The list of available Nkon lenses contains all of the lenses I use, just the camera body is a no-show, I don't know which selection to make there)

Thanks for any tips or hints where to find the resolution to the issue,

TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop go MENU: Help > About Plugins > Camera Raw...  and report the Version of Camera Raw that your Photoshop is using.

Adobe does not use "CC" in any App names and "latest updates" are not always the 'Latest' for some people!

My D750 has been fully supported in all current versions of Photoshop, ACR, and Lightroom (all varieties).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.51, Camera Raw 10.4. CC cloud subscription (all Adobe apps)

When going into Filter->Lens Corrections-> Search criteria

- Camera brand: Nikon Corporation

- Body type options are: All, Nikon, Nikon Corporation, Nikon D3, Nikon D300S, Nikon D3X, Nikon D4, Nikon 700, Nikon D5

...-and thats it. The full list.

The lens list seems to be okay for Nikon lenses. I just don't know what to do with the Camera body selection when my camera is D750 (one year old).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you say "When I use the lens correction feature in PS and select from the list of Nikon Cameras, my camera Nikon D750 is not regonizrd".

You mean when you open a raw from that Nikon in Adobe Camera Raw right? The list seen is only going to show you support for existing lens profiles for the one camera raw you open in ACR. IOW, if you open a Nikon raw, you'll only see the list for that one Nikon camera brand. Further, not all cameras and lens are supported. The page you viewed is likely showing you support for that camera in terms of overall raw processing support. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 'Lens Corrections' panel is all about LENSES- and there are many listed in the Nikon ['LENS' Model] dropdown list. The list shows LENS Profiles. And the list requires a click on the black triangle to enable scrolling!

2021-10-20 09_05_06-.jpg

The D750 Camera "Body" is a Camera Profile that you choose in the Basic panel [Profile Chooser]. You can specify the Camera Profile to apply when you Import files. It is also possible to create your own Camera Profile with a Color chart.

2021-10-20 09_08_15-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

I do not understand why you would expect to see Camera Profiles in the Lens Corrections.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines