• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"escape" doesn't cancel ACR window

Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With most tools when working in Photoshop, I can either apply the tool by hiting "return" or cancel the tool and close the tool window by hiting the "escape" key which is really nice for my workflow. For some reason, this isn't true with the ACR filter when accessed through Photoshop. "Return" does apply my adjustments to my image but the "escape" key does nothing. Why? Is it some setting I'm missing?

Thank!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

It has for some reason been changed to Shift + Escape, which is a really awkward shortcut unless you use both hands.

In my copy of Photoshop (on Windows), Shift + Escape is also required for the ACR filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has for some reason been changed to Shift + Escape, which is a really awkward shortcut unless you use both hands.

In my copy of Photoshop (on Windows), Shift + Escape is also required for the ACR filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per! ...that's better than grabbing the mouse everytime I want to cancel the ACR window. Now to build the mussel memory....Yes, what you suggest works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was changed to prevent accidental data loss. In the past I have personally experienced losing edits for many images loaded into Camera Raw, only because I hit the Esc key by mistake. Other times I was pressing Esc simply to get out of a tool in Camera Raw, but if the UI focus was wrong Esc would dump you out of Camera Raw without saving anything and without warning. I like that the shortcut for Cancel is now a much more deliberate shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that would make some sense because ACR is so in depth, you could do a lot of work to an image and then accidently hit escape and lose some precious time where as other filters and tools, it's not such a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be useful to look at a list of all the (new) key commands:

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/07/a-complete-guide-to-shortcuts-for-adobe-camera-raw-2.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes...absolutely! Thanks for the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines