• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"New camera raw defaults" menu disappeared

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why in the new version 12.2 of Camera raw the menu no longer exists: "save new default camera raw settings" ????

It is possible to export / import the .xml file with customized settings.
But, once imported, it is no longer possible to set them as the default settings for all the raw because the "save new default camera raw settings" menu is missing which, in previous versions, was present !!!!

camera_raw.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flagged this up in Sony and professional groups. The big advantage of the previous version has been the ability to Save New Camera Defaults which are specific to: Camera Type, Camera Body Serial Number, ISO rating used. I have used this functionality for years to define various ACR defaults - such as having anything set to ISO 125 on a specific body open with a black and white preset, or more commonly, having fine tuned and excellent noise reduction versus sharpness optimisation for every single ISO rating from 50 to 12800 on my Sony A7RIII. This took time to get entered and has saved countless hours. Now my standard shooting setting - ISO 640 in anything except sunny conditions - comes up with grain like golfballs instead of being completely noise-free and I have to enter every parameter manually, or save a preset or XML loaded tediously for each file.

As far as I'm concerned, I only needed ACR v12 to see what it did with a Tamron 20mm FE lens being tested. All my other lenses and bodies are fine with the previous ACR. Now I just need to revert, to get back one of the most valuable and unique features of ACR/LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check, I've downloaded and installed 12.1 but copied the new lens profiles - however they do not show up without 12.2 - there is big difference in the quality of raw conversion, 12.1 far lower noise and a different finer structure to the image. It worries me because if Adobe thinks 12.2 is the way forward, it isn't, it's not just lost the ACR/LR Camera Raw Defaults functionality it has lost the quality of conversion I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update - after a complete restart of the iMac, the new lens profile show up and I'm still using ACR 12.1 - turned off automatic updates - and getting the Tamron 20mm f/2.8 FE profile I wanted fully activated - along with the ISO-specific prefs I have used for a long time. Result much better from my view. I hope ISO-specific prefs can be restored so that when I need a future update to ACR I do not lose them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole mechanism for setting develop defaults has changed completely. It is now based on presets and your old defaults no longer work.

Camera-body-specific defaults are still possible (but you have to have an image open from that camera):

camera.png

ISO specific is a little more tricky now. You need to edit an already existing preset to get that. This Lightroom thread describes how:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/important-update-lightroom-classic-to-9-2-read-the-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines