• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Super Resolution" and the Radeon 5600M with 8g.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a 2019 MacBook Pro with 32gb of ram and the Radeon Pro 5600M discrete video card that is OpenGL and Metal compliant. I got really excited about the new Super Resolution capability in the new version of ACR. I tried to run it, and I was most sorely disappointed. I bought this very high end laptop which perfoms very well editing photographs and videos. Lightroom supports the card. Photoshop itself supports the card (OpenGL). ACR DOESN'T, notwithstanding that the 5600M has Metal and plenty of power. What's up with this????? 

Hey Adobe engineers, what's the thinking about this? Do you have a plan for ACR recognizing the 5600M's Metal engine???

Written by someone who has used your LR and PS since their very beginnings!

Thank you.

Marc Weinberg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Hello,

I posted a response to another user and it worked for him. Apparently LR hasn't been updated with work with the Super Resolution but here is how to get it to work on your Macbook Pro 2019.

Go to your the following folder:

/Users/youraccountname/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/GPU/Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw/

Inside this folder you should see 2 files:

Camera Raw GPU Config

TempDisableGPU2 (this file might have a different number on the end) 

Drag the Temp file to desktop (trash if e

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run the new PS on a 2020 iMac attempts to use the Enhance feature gives an error message saying that the GPU is not compliant with Metal. Since this iMac is Metal compliant I am perplexed.....

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems on my 2020 imac.....How do we resolve? says that it is metal supported but the warning then comes up saying it isnt....HELP please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this forum is answered by volunteer Photoshop users, we are not Adobe employees or developers.

You can raise bug reports at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this: I have a Windows 10 parallels virtual machine. IT can run super resolution. This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem with the failure of PS to recognize a Metal compliant cartd.  I suggest you contact the Adobe Help Center: https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

They ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner--an option I was afraid to run because of possible complications--and solved the problem.  They  were very professional and efficient and my problem is completely  solved.

Good luck,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I posted a response to another user and it worked for him. Apparently LR hasn't been updated with work with the Super Resolution but here is how to get it to work on your Macbook Pro 2019.

Go to your the following folder:

/Users/youraccountname/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/GPU/Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw/

Inside this folder you should see 2 files:

Camera Raw GPU Config

TempDisableGPU2 (this file might have a different number on the end) 

Drag the Temp file to desktop (trash if everything works) 

Restart Photoshop and it should work.  Let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS SO MUCH! That worked a treat, MorganC! Wahoo!

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines