• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw latest version does not run very well, freezes yp

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly my PS Raw coversion does not run at well, slides wont move etc.

uninstalled anreinsatalled PS and also did install from Adobe Raw.

Windows reports no errors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everthing workd perfectly well untill two days ago when a routine download from my camera would not at allow me to process raw files, Just stopped working, PS itself is fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not contacting Adobe employees here. This is a user to user forum, we are other users like yourself. The remedy other users have resorted to has been to reinstall the older version of Camera Raw if the update has been unsatisfactory. IF you use Camera Raw in conjunction with Bridge, and Bridge has been updated, it will be necessary for bridge to be uninstalled and the former version of Bridge installed from the creative cloud application manager. Here is the link where you can download the previous version of Camera Raw:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank very much for interceding on my behalf.

The latest version of Raw had been working quite fine, but I never really liked the changes in the GUI.

I took you advice and it has cured my overall problem, the sliders work and the changes are quick to apply

Once again thanks

William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up on my previous message, only three days after posting it, the computer reveerted to the extremely slow response of AR 12.1

Have tride everyting now just waiting for Adobe, again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be slear, 12.1 is better than 12.4!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you are happy. Be sure to turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud Application Manager. Otherwise, the next time Camera Raw is updated you will have to go through the process of reinstalling the older version. By turning off automatic updates that means it will necessitate you checking the application manager occasionally to update other programs that you DO wish to have updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add to what Jim said, IF you update Photoshop in the future, it will update ACR so you'll have to use the older (archived after downloaded) installer for 12.1 and run it again. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reminding me, in the meantime I loaded an off beat converter, Contenta Coverter, whic is a bare bones program with a number of presests, and no sliders. It lighning fast but the processing is very limited. Am staying with the devil for now,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines