Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent update. Crashing Camera RAW

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there i recently updated my Photoshop to 22.5.1

Since ive updated when i open an image to edit, the camera RAW software pops up but its a burguny page and then closes. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't read what the burgundy page says, but usually, when you see a red page, it's in indicator that there's a problem with the GPU. Adobe keeps updating it's system requirements, and I wonder if that's what's happening here. Please check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html - and check if your GPU is listed as supported.

Does this happen, when you JUST open RAW, without opening an image?
Are you shooting RAW, or are you opening JPEGS into RAW?

Any of these answers may help us to determine what may be happening here.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines