• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red/Cyan slider in Adobe Camera Raw please

Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I can accomplish the same with the Blue/Yellow slider and the Green/Magenta slider but it sure would speed things up and simplify the process with many images if there where a Red/Cyan slider too when you only are needing to deal with Red and Cyan.

{Thread moved and renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You can submit a feature request for the sliders at the link below.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_camera_raw_and_dng

This forum is monitored by our developers. They can look into the feasibility of the feature request and may include it in a future update.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand where you're looking but there's a Red (opposite Cyan) slider in HLS and there's the ability to alter Red primary in Calibration too. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dd...on the "basic" or first panel at the very top. I don't want to have to go to the HSL panel if I don't need to and these aren't the equivilent type of adjustment as the Blue/yellow and Megent/Green sliders in the "basic" adjustment panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it could speed up some corrections, if you're just dealing with red and cyan, but correcting color with just yellow/blue and magenta/green to way back to analog printing. Adding red/cyan basically can cancel corrections in the other colors. When I was a color corrector we never used red/cyan, unless the the correction was so far off that it was out of the limits of the printing equipment - happened just a few times. I still rarely touch the red when correcting with curves in PS. IMO, it's faster to just deal with two colors rather than three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm...interesting to know where it comes from and I should have recognized that being primarily a darkroom technician in the distant past but unlike with an enlarger where you'd simply be adding in density using three filters at once, that's not a factor here. I work on hundred of images a day I'm always looking for efficiencies. Even if I can find a way of omiting one click per image, the time for this adds up. From a practical standpoint for me, a red cyan slider would be a definite plus because I seem to have a lot of red shifted images. What could it hurt having the one more slider?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines