• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running two different versions of ACR?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to run two versions of ACR on a MacBook Pro (Mid 2015)/MacOS 10.14? I currently am using Photoshop CC 2018 but would not mind installing the latest version in parallel (in my earlier experience using two PS versions is possible). Creating a second user does not seem to help. The reason I’m asking is that I prefer the workflow of ACR 12.2 but it does not fully support my new camera. Thanks for any suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Yes (kind of) once you download and install the actual plug-in's, you can go from one version to the other by moving the plug-in, in and out of the folder it was installed into before launching Photoshop of course. 

See location for the plug-in and manually move:

HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats

Be careful if you apply NEWER functionality (edits) that are not backwards compatible with the older version. Otherwise you can switch from each as described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can download different versions of acr, Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com) but because it's a plugin, unless you have different adobe programs and you're careful, i don't see how you're going to install different versions.

perhaps you want to install 12.2.1 and then use the dng converter for your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you – that confirms (unfortunately) what I already assumed. I have 12.2.1 now but it doesn’t process the Pixelshift files from my new Pentax K-3 III. The DNG converter also doesn’t help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes (kind of) once you download and install the actual plug-in's, you can go from one version to the other by moving the plug-in, in and out of the folder it was installed into before launching Photoshop of course. 

See location for the plug-in and manually move:

HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats

Be careful if you apply NEWER functionality (edits) that are not backwards compatible with the older version. Otherwise you can switch from each as described. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines