• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Significant Color Shift after a Few Seconds when Opening Some Fuji X-T5 Images in Camera Raw

Participant ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my Fuji X-T5 images edited in Lightroom Classic 15.3 (12.3 Release) on a Mac Studio M1 Max are exhibiting a noticable megenta color shift when opening in Camera Raw. The correct color will initially load (see before example), and then about a second later, shift toward magenta. The actual opened file has the magenta shift (see after example).

Note that the exact same thing is happening in Lightroom if I switch between the Develop and Libarary modules. The image looks correct in Develop, but shifted to magenta in the Library. 

Initially I was using DNGs converted using Adobe DNG Converter, but confirmed that the same thing is happeing if I use the original RAW file. It is NOT happening for all files, and for none of my Canon files (6D or R6). There doesn't appear to be any corruption in the files. 

All files have had the edit metadata saved to the DNGs directly in Lightroom, or as .xmp sidecar files in the case of original raws. Exported images (DNG or any other format) directly from Lightroom retain the magenta shift.

TOPICS
DNG Converter , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products. Disable third-party graphics accelerators. Third-party GPU overclocking utilities and haxies aren't supported.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If the GPU and display profile isn't causing the problem, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is on a Mac Studio, so the GPU is built-in. I tried disabling. No change.

Reagarding the display profile, it's built-in with the Mac Studio Display. No way to replace it.

I tried deleting both the Previews and Smart Previews files from the LR catalog location. No change.

Again, the same thing is happening if I open the file directly in Camera Raw, completely bypassing Lightroom's previews or exporting process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload one of the problematic raws to something like Dropbox? 

You can (or should) be able to swap the supplied Studio display profile for something else temporarily to see if there is a change. Try Adobe RGB (1998). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reagarding the display profile, it's built-in with the Mac Studio Display. No way to replace it.

By @kbarre

If you use a calibrator (which you should), it gets replaced with a custom profile based on actual measurement of the display's characteristics.

There is always a way to replace it manually for testing and diagnostic purposes, and it should be easily accessible (I don't do Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my Fuji X-T5 images edited in Lightroom Classic 15.3 (12.3 Release) on a Mac Studio M1 Max are exhibiting a noticable megenta color shift when switching between the Develop and Library modules. The correct color will initially load in the Library module (see before example), and then about a second later, shift toward magenta. The actual opened file has the magenta shift (see after example).

Note that the exact same thing is happening if I open the images in Camera Raw. 

Initially I was using DNGs converted using Adobe DNG Converter, but confirmed that the same thing is happening if I use the original RAW file. It is NOT happening for all files, and for none of my Canon files (6D or R6). There doesn't appear to be any corruption in the files. 

All files have had the edit metadata saved to the DNGs directly in Lightroom, or as .xmp sidecar files in the case of original raws. Exported images (DNG or any other format) directly from Lightroom retain the magenta shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines