• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Processing since update to ACR 10

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it my imagination or has the processing of multiple (20-40) images become much slower since ACR 10?

I adjust all files individually first, then batch apply chromatic correction & sharpening. then save the 5DsR .CR2 files to TIFF folder, and as I write I'm waiting 32 files to process & save.

Mac Pro OS 10.12 - 32GB Ram - 3.7Ghz quad processor.

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

This issue is now resolved. An update to Windows came through last night that may have fixed the problem. It now takes about 1/2 second to open up images from ACR into Photoshop. I cannot explain what has changed except for this update.

So happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue although I'm on a win64 machine. Been using bridge to batch dozens of 5DM3 raw files without issue until the most recent updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I have an i7 8700k, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 ti, and 2 Samsung 960 Pro SSDs. It's taking 30 seconds per image to open in Photoshop from Camera Raw.

It used to take about 5 seconds per image and ironically, I was on a slower machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a little relief by updating the settings on my nvidia graphics card. I also updated CC last night and the speed isn't back to what it was before CC but it's improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What setting did you change on your video card? The only setting I tried was turning off GPU processing in Camera RAW. It made no change to the speed whether it was on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my nvidia control panel under Manage 3D settings. I needed to add Bridge and Photoshop to the Program settings so the card GTX 1060 would use the advanced settings of the card with the program.

Like you I thought that turning on or off GPU was my only option/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion! I'll try that and let you know since I'll be doing some editing tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. The profiles were already in there.

Troubleshooting included downgrading Photoshop 1 version, verifying I have ACR 10.3 installed, toggling GPU on/off in ACR, trying 1GB and 10GB cache in ACR, creating a new Windows profile and testing Photoshop in that.

All results are the same. My official time for opening images in Photoshop from ACR is 12 seconds. It might not seem like much, but when it used to be 5 or less seconds, it is massive. Plus if you have a ton of images this becomes a big issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is now resolved. An update to Windows came through last night that may have fixed the problem. It now takes about 1/2 second to open up images from ACR into Photoshop. I cannot explain what has changed except for this update.

So happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines