Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Alpha 1 RAW support when?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are there any estimates when recently announced Sony Alpha 1 RAW files would be supported by Camera RAW? March, April?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

I don't follow camera announcements, haven't seen the announcement for that camera model. If it has only been announced, and hasn't been introduced or released then I question whether it's even on Adobe's radar at this time. Camera companies don't work with Adobe. They aren't concerned about whether or not their raw format is compatible with Adobe software. Camera Raw isn't a concern of theirs. The camera has to be released to the public so that Adobe can acquire the camera and then create suppo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay camara raw works now... but still not lightroom :D...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4.2 and Lightroom Classic 10.2 haven't been released yet. However, since they use ACR engine you now have a strong pointer that the Alpha 1 will be supported when they are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me for being happy - I use Bridge, ACR, Photoshop to process my images, so I won't have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I suspect it will be a while before Adobe will provide raw support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you notice the comment above pointing out that Adobe just shipped RAW support for the A1 in the latest Adobe Camera RAW (13.2)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines