• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony ZV-1 raw files will not open in Photoshop or Camera Raw.

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many have recently purchased this new RX100 like camera and surprisingly, the .arw files will not open and the dng converter will not recognise them either.
ACR not only needs to revert back to the much more user friendly interface but Adobe need to provide na update to include the raw file format of the ZV-1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Adobe just released the Beta 12.4 Dng Converter, which should be able to convert the Sony ZV-1.arw files to dng copies and open in acr.

windows

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6971

mac

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6969

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the lens of the ZV-1 is well known from RX100M5 ?! My ZV1 is now more than 1 month old and I cannot use it. How long will it still take to have this cam supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just released the Beta 12.4 Dng Converter, which should be able to convert the Sony ZV-1.arw files to dng copies and open in acr.

windows

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6971

mac

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6969

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for information but i edit in travel a lot with the Ipad Version of Lightroom...

No fix for that and the ZV1 ?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only fix for the iPad is to wait for the next update of the mobile app. In the meantime, set your camera to shoot a combination of JPEG and raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy that this works!  I'm still using CS6 and it works great with the ZV-1 and Camera RAW, PS, & other software.  Glad to be able to edit the ARW in my usual workflow.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that yet so your happiness is premature.
You have to download DNG converter and go through an additional step to convert them which doubles the number of files you are storing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines