• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Resolution files are original resolution outside bridge & photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super resolution enhanced files generated in camera raw via bridge show the correct resolution in bridge and photoshop, but show the original resolution in Lightroom and other non-Adobe applications (example from Lightroom attached-note it is an enhanced file, with enhanced file size, but reports and displays at the original 26mp)

Is this a known limitation or is there an issue writing dimensions to the file that other apps like Lightroom rely on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My results are even smaller. I believe what is happening is that the size being reported is the size of the embedded JPEG preview. If you take that enhanced DNG file into Photoshop and save it as a JPEG or PSD or TIF file as I just did then you will find that the actual size as reported in the enhanced DNG file will be reported in other applications. That is what I have experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim-I tried exporting DNG from bridge with full-size jpg previews and the same thing happened. TIFFs or JPG exported show at the full superenhanced resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's just the nature of the DNG file. I don't believe there is anything you can do to "fix" it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines