• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Resolution freezing Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered the super resolution enhancer in Camera Raw.  As I have a load of older and cropped images this seems perfect.  However, when I open up a RAW file and click on the enhancer - super resolution, the whole system just freezes.  The progress icon on the bottom left doesn't move and I cannot do anything else till I do the old Control/Alt/del and shut it down.  Anyone else had the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't told us anything about your computer system or the operating system you are using. I'm using an old HP Pavilion desktop computer that will only accommodate 8 GB RAM. It's an old beast, and when I run super resolution it takes 5 min. to process the DNG file. Have you allowed enough time for that to happen? I don't get a progress bar, but rather just spinning arrows in the lower left-hand corner indicating that the DNG file is processing. Don't know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, we need more info. No, it doesn't crash on this end (MacOS, Big Sur). 

You can try resetting your preferences, deleting the ACR cache as a start, that can't hurt. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the replies.  PC Spec below.  I don't think it is a computer issue - least not in terms of RAM etc - when I hit the enhance button it all freezes.  The spinning arrows don't spin.  I have left it as long as 20 mins and everything is frozen.

Device name NEW-GAV1R8KU2F3
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID F6D51CCB-0210-4C65-B003-316FCCF44EE2
Product ID 00330-70000-00002-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a video card/driver issue. Super resolution runs in the GPU.

What GPU? Is the driver updated?

It works on RGB files too (e.g. jpeg), but it's not nearly as effective there. It's specially designed for raw files and that's where you get the best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pretty basic.  Intel HD Graphics 530.  Drivers are up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pretty basic is probably not enough here. Photoshop/ACR call on some very advanced features in the GPU, and an Intel HD 530 probably doesn't meet the requirements.

You really need something better, like a Nvidia 1660 or equivalent, and upwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly it is working with jpeg files but not RAW.  However, the quality is awful.  attached is a screenshot showing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines