• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Resolution skewing my DNG files

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am super excited about the new Super Resolution in Camera Raw. I've been using it for some time on my Nikon D850 DNG files and the quality is really 'super'! I'm using the last version of Camera Raw on a Mac.

When I tried to make it work on my old 12Mp DNG files instead of enlarging the image to ratio it is skewing the photos. See attached.

Am I doing something wrong or Super Resolution does not work with DNG files derived from my Fujifilm FinePix S3Pro files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your images didn't display anything but a white rectangle on my computer. You might have more success if you used the tool to include the images as part of your message.

Message box.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. It told me to drag the images and I did. Small resolution JPEG images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing them (from another computer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still not doing it right, but at least there was an image this time. Do you have original raw images to try? Do you get the same results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes as per my original message I get proper results with Nikon and DJI DNG files. It's with the old Fuji FinePix S3Pro files. These would be where I would need to use the Super Resolution to enlarge the 'small' 12 Mp files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But do you have original Fuji RAF files to try? I looked for some samples online but the usual websites I tried only have JPEG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No I don't since back then I converted everything to Adobe's DNG – and thank God for that – since nothing would open the files now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines