• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture & Dehaze sliders missing on old DNG files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a new look and feel for my photos, but beginning with DNG files shot about 5 years ago and previously processed, when I open them now, the Texture and Dehaze sliders are missing. This makes it impossible for me to achieve the new look and feel. I can sorta get there by doing an Open as Smart Object on the jpg and telling Photoshop it's Camera RAW, but it's not at all the same thing. I really would love to be able to reset the DNG file to its original condition somehow... something akin to trashing the XMP sidecar file for RAW files. Any idea how to do this so I can get a fresh start on an old file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

When you open DNG files edited with older versions of ACR you ought to see, somewhere down bottom right, an exclamation mark in a triangle. If you click on this it should invite you to "Update to current process (Version 5)". Do that and your missing sliders will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have added that I'm on Creative Cloud, and therefore using the latest versions of Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG Cleaner is available for Mac or Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open DNG files edited with older versions of ACR you ought to see, somewhere down bottom right, an exclamation mark in a triangle. If you click on this it should invite you to "Update to current process (Version 5)". Do that and your missing sliders will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fabulous, Erik! That did it! You just saved seven years of DNG files for me to reprocess! Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I detect a sigh of relief!

Glad to be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines