• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open RAW files when clicking on then from a server

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated all of my Adode apps and can no longer open CR2 images directly from the server. This was a problem when I first updated from 2019 to 2020. It took a few months before this issue was fixed and everything was was finally working fairly well until I just updated again... why is the problem back again? I don't understand why Adobe crashes their fixes. It doubles my work and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the help... I don't want to wait another 2 months for the fix. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which server are you storing them on? Do you mean a network share drive? Do they open OK if you open them from your local hard drive?

Are these the same CR2 files from the same camera you were accessing with 2019 or are they from a different camera?

What exactly happens when you try to open them? Any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for asking and the problem is semi-resolved. When I had the 2019 version I could open any CR2 file directly from the network share folder bypassing bridge. When I upgraded both my macbookpro and macpro to the 2020 version I lost that abilty and had some bridge problems as well. The OS remined the same for both. I use bridge mostly for browsing, but every now and then, while I'm browsing our server cleaning up folders, I try to open CR2 files in this way. I know adobe doesn't support network servers in this way, but I just couldn't understand why it worked and then when the updgrade happens, it doesn't. I have the same problems with bridge when an upgrade happens, but that's for another post. I can work around it, I just simply didn't understand why an update seemed to "break" something that worked before. I have since turned off updates and will just work with the versions I know work for my application.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines