• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open RAW

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nikon D7000 and am processing on a new PC with Win10.  I have PSCS 5.0 and now Elements 17 in trial mode.  For some reason my Creative Suite will no longer open NEF (RAW) even though I have downloaded the latest update and Adobe site said my camera is supported.  When I downloaded Elemany  I found RAW opened right up last night.  This morning, it doesn't recognize the format.  No newer update is available.  Any suggestions/ideas?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

I went back to basics and did a simple reboot of my system and it is now working again...resolved my own problem, not sure why it worked, but I'll take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version of Photoshop is way too old to support your camera. There isn't a version of Camera Raw available for that version of Photoshop that will support the NEF files from your camera. You could download the free DNG converter and create DNG copies that would work, but you would have to make sure you choose the appropriate settings in the converter to ensure that the files will be compatible with the version of Photoshop and that version of Camera Raw. The files should be compatible with that version of Photoshop Elements, but I am not at all familiar with that program and cannot offer any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed wrote, it is the latest version, 17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to basics and did a simple reboot of my system and it is now working again...resolved my own problem, not sure why it worked, but I'll take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm glad the reboot got things working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines