• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to read the full size image if reading from Network drive.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Camera Raw 12.4.0.555 I am getting the following error when trying to open a raw file:

"Unable to read the full size image"

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 15.11.22.jpg

This happens when files are on a network drive. If I copy the files to a local drive there is no problem opening the files.

Workstation:  iMac Pro (2017), MacOS Catalina (10.15.7)

Photoshop version: 21.2.4

Raw files:  Olympus RAW (ORF files)

Files are located on Network Drive, (AFP), permissions are 777.

Since nothing hass changed on the NAS, and the previous version of ACR did not have this issue, it must be some bug.

Please fix a.s.a.p.

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same trouble , any progress in solving it?

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fransesco,

No, unfortunately not. I have contacted Adobe Support but they don't even want to look into the problem. They say that reading from and writing to network drives are not supported. In this day and age I find this one of the most ridiculous answers I have ever gotten.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Adobe's response to Network drive compatibility is pathetic. Their competitors have no such trouble. Affinity Photo works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same error in Camera Raw 13.3. Appears to be a recent bug, because previously I have opened RAW images on a network drive (the same network, the same share) without any problem. Maybe it is specific to the file size or specific camera model file format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update to this thread whch according to Adobe have never heard of it, which i supplied a link to them with this issue after updating RAW 15.2 Having the same issue . after a number of emails etc they naturally still say accessing network drives is not a reliability with the program, well i said there must be an issue as it works fine on RAW 14.5 which i re installed , no issues . So according to them if networks are not supported (which i dont know anyone in a pro world does not use ) isnt their cloud the same and even a slower transfer rate than a network drive with the user? If it quacks its a duck !so the bottom line as stated here already , practical and logical fault finding has come to a halt , something in this raw vwersion is not right , so il continue using the older version and maybe , just maybe the next one maybe bugless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same error. But I did discover a workaround.

If I double click a raw file in Bridge, in my case, a Canon CR3, it get the error. It will not open. However, if I right click on the raw file and specify "Open in Camera Raw" it will successfully open.

It looks like a bug to me.

Try that and see.Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.12.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using MAC studio M1 Ultra, 64GB on Sonoma 14.4 running Bridge v14.0.3.200 and Photoshop v25.6.0 and Camera Raw v16.2 on a network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, it's abug. Only way is to work locally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines