• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unrecoverable Error while using the Enhance feature in Camera Raw 13.2 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a RAW image in Camera Raw 13.2 my GPU encounters an "unrecoverable error". I've get the same error with each of .CR2, .CR3 & .ARW files. Photoshop 22.3.0

CameraRawEnhance Error.jpg

Here are my Computer specs:

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 461.92
Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (8TB Total):
OS Drive: PM981a NVMe SAMSUNG 2048GB
Data Drive1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Data Drive2: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

...Jerry

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it wasn't clear in the title, this occurs with I try to invoke the new "Enhance" feature.

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Camera Raw due to the error you're getting regarding the drivers. Have you tried re-installing the NVIDIA drivers or installing an older version of the drivers to check if you experience the same behavior? If not please try that to check if that helps.

You can also try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply. Before I go to the trouble of reverting to an old driver, could the following be a clue to my problem?

Camera Raw Super Resolution OpenCL.jpg

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it could indeed.

You need to find a way to disable the integrated Intel GPU. That's what's giving you problems.

Laptops with dual GPUs is a big problem with Adobe applications (and probably other advanced software). GPU switching looks like a good idea on paper. The problem is that Photoshop/ACR - including super resolution - uses the GPU for actual data processing, and the result returned for further processing.

As you can imagine, you can't send data to one GPU and expect to get it back from the other. There can only be one GPU in this equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't work. I do not see the warnings in System Info but the Camera Raw - Enhanced tool still fails. 😞

I disabled the Intel Display Adapter in Device Manager, rebooted and checked PS preferences to make the NVidia GPU was checked in both PS & ACR. Still getting the same error.

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that disabling the Intel GPU didn't help. Did you try re-installing the Nvidia drivers or installing older drivers to check if that makes a difference? Did you try the steps suggested in the article we shared?

If not, please try them & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. I'm on a Windows PC (fully updated) with Photoshop & Camera RAW fully updated, and only have 1 GPU (Nvidia 3070) installed with fresh, and up to date drivers. I'm unable to use the Enhance function in Camera Raw with the same error message as @Jerry_a 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have Adobe Camera Raw 13.3 installed and continue to experience this problem. As a reminder, here is my computer configuration:

System Model: Alienware Area-51m R2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Display Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8GB), Nvidia Studio Driver 471.11
Display: 1920x1080 144 hertz
Storage (8TB Total):
OS Drive: PM981a NVMe SAMSUNG 2048GB
Data Drive1: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Data Drive2: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 4TB

The Nvidia Studio driver 471.11 is the latest update. I've tried various older drivers without success. Attached is my configuration information from Photoshop CC -> Help -> System Info.

Is there any other info I can provide to help resolve this issue?

Thanks, Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest Nvidia Studio Driver, 471.41 and the problem persists. I anyone listening to this thread?

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am... I have yet to try it with the latest drivers, but will today. Interestingly it works fine in Lightroom, which shares some code with Camera Raw.

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! It does work in Lightroom. I can live with that!

...Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may not want to hear this, but I just tried it again in Camera Raw with a CR2 file, and it worked for me. I'm on the same driver version as you. I'll keep an eye on this thread, though, and I hope you can get it sorted.

Do feel free to ask me about my system specs, etc, in case there's something there that can help you.

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines