• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Camera RAW for jpegs - doesn't work every time

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following Scott Kelby's Photoshop Elements 2020 book for digital photographers and trying to edit jpegs in Camera RAW.  Sometimes the jpeg goes straight into Camera RAW and sometimes it simply goes to the basic editing level.  Several attempts keep it at the base level.

Also, the successful jpegs that make it to Camera RAW turn out pixelated as if it wasn't supposed to go in there in the first place.

Any suggestions as to why it's indeterminate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by "basic editing level" and "base level". Do you mean that images open in Photoshop rather than Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw this in a web search-

"You can also open JPEG images in Camera Raw by choosing File→Open in Camera Raw."

The full version of Photoshop allows an ACR preference setting to always (automatically) open JPGs through Camera Raw, but I do not know if Ps-Elements version of ACR has the same preferences options.

"pixelated" images? Are you certain that the file you are opening is the full-size file, and not just a thumbnail?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines