Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VSCO missing in Camera Raw since 2020 update

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

Since Photoshop 2020 updated automatically, and I can seem to to revert to the previous version, my VSCO presets are missing from Camera Raw via Bridge.

When I go to the folder where I copied my orginal presets, they still show there, but they still don't show in ACR.

Is there any reason for this? Or any tips for restoring the presets to ACR?

I am using a MacBook Pro, Photoshop 2020 and Camera Raw 12.1

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to fix the same situation, thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with the exact same thing. Very frustrating as I spent $600+ on the presets and thousands on Adobe CC over the years. Just need to get my work done, why is this so difficult to find answers???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the ”Import Preset” command or asking for support from the company that created the presets and took the $600?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a reputable company (VSCO) which I purchased over many years, it wasn't a scam or something. But it’s not as simple as using the Import option, as they use a app/wizard to install the presets. I don’t have access to the presets directly. They discontinued them (and their support) last year, so I feel like I have no options here as the installers stopped working when I upgraded to Catalina. The problem is that when Adobe updates, it breaks all of my presets, whether from VSCO or not. For the past few years this has been happening. I looked up solutions on the Adobe forums (as this isn’t a rare problem) but nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never said it was a scam but they should support their products so maybe ask. I've got zero issues with my presets, I've used the import method recommended under Catalina  but have you?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried asking, but they said they don't support the product anymore. Like I said, I cannot use the normal import method because of how I don't have access to the preset files. They're locked into an app/wizard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you report isn't an Adobe issue then. It's a VSCO issue; not much users here can do to help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the preset files and they are greyed out when you go to load them. They can't be selected.

I had to delete the new version of Bridge/ACR and run an older version.

😞 grrrrr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just a VSCO issue - like I said, ALL of my presets break when a new update comes out, not just those. So it is an issue with Adobe. Either way, I came to the forums to see if others have the same problem, which they do, and some people in a similar situation might've found a fix. If you can't help, then don't comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like I said, NONE of my presets break when a new the update comes out. 

Provide a problematic preset for others to test. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Just on phone with support. He said that I have to manually save all of the presets and copy them to a new computer or, if they are not present on the app upgrade I need to do the same thing. Import from the Settings folder which is located off the library>app support>adobe>camera raw or ps or whatever>settings... seems like a drag. They should travel with the app with the account. But they don't and they don't sync on the second computer. Lost all of mine when I did a clean install without thinking of backing up the presets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they don't sync, but as outlined above there is a way to manually export them and you if don't have a backup so, you're kind of SOL. 

Backup ALL data you can't afford to ever lose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most VSCO presets set a VSCO camera profile as part of the preset's effect.  VSCO decided to make these VSCO camera profile names specific to the camera model brand, you had to pick the "Sony" version of the VSCO preset if you were working with a Sony raw file, and the "Canon" version of the VSCO preset when working with a Canon raw file etc.

If you picked the wrong preset for a given raw profile, Camera Raw would not find the correct camera profile, and would instead pick the default profile for that camera model (usually Adobe Standard) and use that instead.  This is clearly NOT what the preset was supposed to do.

Recent versions of Camera Raw detect this case (the preset is trying to select a camera profile that does not exist for the current raw file), and it hides or grays out these presets by default to prevent the user from selecting the wrong preset for current file being worked on.

To show these wrong presets for the current raw file, select the "Show Partially Compatible Presets" menu item from the ... menu in the presets panel.  This will show these (broken) presets as grayed out, warning you that they don't apply current raw file, and will try to apply a camera profile for a different camera model which does not exist (or is not installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect thank you! Problem solved. 

I encountered this problem a while back on another PC and someone mentionned deleting a word from the text file attached to the preset. That worked too even though I can't remember what exactly I had to delete (50 files I did it for!!!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the text from 2017

"Find your presets that have disappeared from the Presets panel (Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > Settings > User Presets), back them up in an unrelated directory, open them in a text editor, remove the following two lines and save:

<crs:CameraProfile>ACR 4.4</crs:CameraProfile>

<crs:CameraProfileDigest>6DDFF24B12B83727DC4E525914132117</crs:CameraProfileDigest>

Doing that will enable these presets for all raw files, instead only some (for example, older raw files but not newer raw files).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does that "solve the problem"?  You just created a new preset that apply a *completely* different effect that original VSCO preset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thomas,

Did you have any luck solving this problem?

Thanks

Vx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw version 13.0.2 now supports VSCO Presets in the Presets Tab in the far right menu. 

🙂

Jay5C12_0-1606848790106.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem. Mi ACR shows

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 13.32.32.png

and the message "Profile is not installed, rendering is incorrect"

I cannot use the normal import method because of how I don't have access to the preset files. They're locked into an app/wizard. 

If i go to "sho package content" in the installer

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 13.34.29.png

i get these folders:

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 13.35.03.png

is there any way to manually extract this profeiles and then manually install them in ACR? 

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello guys, i had same issue with VSCO filters for ACR for the latest update. Nothing worked out till i just asked pirate bay for help and got a newest VSCO files (mine was from 2014) and all works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines