• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Tint issue going from ACR to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I have a 2013 Macbook Pro core i5 16 gigs of ram.  Running the CC Suite all up to date.  My workflow is Bridge/ACR/Photoshop.  When I open a raw in ACR from Bridge for processing everything is fine.  I process the image the way I want it and when I hit open, it comes up with a red tint in photoshop.  BTW this only happens on my secondary monitor.  it does not actually change the image.  If I open edit/color settings, it goes away.  I don't have to change anything just opening it fixes it.  If I do a ACR filter when it comes back into photoshop it puts the red tint back on.  

If I process image through Lightroom and edit in photoshop it does not cast the red tint.  So I am thinking it has to be with ACR.  Any ideas? I prefer Bridge/ACR/Photoshop because lightroom is slow and histogram is not accurate.  But this is really killing my workflow.  Plus I will add ACR filters all the time so even using lightroom/photoshop does not work in the end.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR isn't using the correct monitor profile.

This is an old issue that that comes up every once in a while. It always happens with a laptop/iMac + external monitor configuration. It can happen on both MacOS and Windows.

The only workaround I know is to make sure ACR is on the main monitor as seen by the OS. I don't know if that's possible with a laptop.

It's usually ACR, but Bridge and Lightroom can be affected too, although more rarely. It's clearly a bug, but whether Adobe or OS is impossible to say. Most likely a combination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I can tell ACR to open on the macbook and if it works great and thank you.  It used to all the time when I had my 20" Dell monitor but my wife got me a new Samsung 28" 4k monitor for my birthday and its amazing so I wanted the processing on it done on the 28, but if this works I will work with it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG!~!!!!!!@#@!$!@#$!#@!#. I have been fighting this damn thing for days and nobody could tell me how to fix it.  Thank you thank you thank you.  I moved ACR back to the Default monitor and boom, no more red tint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a 2019 MBP with dual displays and can't replicate this. Both the main (NEC SpectraView) and Macbook preview correctly and pretty closely (they differ in qualities and calibration but no such tint). What if you turn OFF GPU in preferences? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's erratic. When it does happen, it's on laptop + external. That doesn't mean it happens with all laptop + externals, very far from it. It's just one of those once in a blue moon bugs. But I have never heard about it on desktop systems.

It has come up here in the forums from time to time for many years. There's little doubt that this is what happens, the usual smoking gun is wide gamut vs standard gamut screens.

Which leads to an interesting question: Maybe it's more common than it seems, but people with two very similar displays will possibly not notice it, or if they do, write it off as trivial and nothing to worry about.

Yes, turning off GPU might be worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be because the external in your instance is the main.  The macbook in my instance is the main.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines