• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to XMP Side Car Files?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do high production photography. mainly product and usually I work between two studios and 4 computers. I leave the raw files on sd cards until they are done. Problem is 12.2 version of camera raw no longer writing XMP files back to where the raw files were created! How can I bring this back? I lost 20 hours of work this week because of this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this, opened a proprietary raw (CR2), made a change, sidecar XMP was saved in the same location. 

Are you sure you're not dealing with DNGs which would write this into the container? 

Maybe do a search for the filename plus .xmp? Again, I see the sidecar as expected. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony ARW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the SD card set to writeprotect so ACR couldn't write XMPs?  Have you checked to see if you have changes set to write to the camera-raw database instead of XMPs?  If it is you shouldn't lose work, just not have the XMPs where the images are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point but no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Move the files off the SD cards to a hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines