• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is ACR 13.3 Analyzing message about?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to acr 13.3 a message saying "Analyzing" keeps popping up specially when I use tools like geometry guides or select thumbs. So I have to wait the message to disappear and select the tool or thumbs again. It is a matter of miliseconds but the whole job takes longer because of these delays. And I still don't know what is being analyzed, it never happened in previous versions. Is it analyzing my credit card? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this, what OS, how much RAM, size (type) of raws? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, having the same 'problem' since the 13.3 update (Windows 10, Dell XPS 15, i7, 32GB RAM).

To me it happens often when I want to select multiple images, holding the shift key. The annoying thing is the fact that you have to wait and do what you wanted to do a second time once it finishes the analysing, in my case holding the shift key and selecting multiple images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to add that somehow it seems connected to the shift-key (my guess...).

When I want to press Shift + T (for Geometry transform), almost every time it starts analyzing once I press the shift-key. The same goes for selecting multiple images as mentioned in my previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, mainly when pressing the shift key to select multple images - I reported this as a problem here and it is considered a bug - maybe a follow there would help getting this sorted quickly.

Windows 10, 16GB RAM, Sony A7RII dngs imported with Lightroom Classic.

In the meantime I reverted back to 13.2 - took me a while to find the download link since Adobe only has the 13.1 Installer listed:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/13.x/AdobeCameraRaw_x64_13_2.exe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link to version 13.2, I think I will revert back to this version as well.
But how did you do this? In creative cloud it's not possible to uninstall Camera Raw. Did you simply use the installer of version 13.2?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used the installer, I first installed 13.1 from here because I couldn't find 13.2 at the time but I don't think that is necessary. Creative cloud will still show 13.3 but I hope that should fixed again with the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Roy Bisschops wrote:

Thanks for the link to version 13.2, I think I will revert back to this version as well.
But how did you do this? In creative cloud it's not possible to uninstall Camera Raw. Did you simply use the installer of version 13.2?

You can do this manually after downloading the installer (or even without an installer if the plug-in already resides on the system):

For example, on the Mac:

HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines