• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to place a lens profile file for ACR 9.0 (CS6)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running WIN 7.0 Home; CS6; ACR 9.0

Located a lens profile file [Rokinon F3.5 8mm Nikon D7100.lcp] and copied it to the following directory

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded

BUT when I open ACR with a NEF shot with that lens on a Nikon D7200, that profile choice does NOT show.

Please advise where to put this lens profile file so that I can use it with the Rok 8mm f:\3.5

Thanks

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

That location should work fine. One thing to check is the value of the tag "stCamera:CameraRawProfile" in the LCP file. If the value is "False" then the profile was built for output referred (e.g. JPEG) images. It may still work for raw files, so you can make a copy of the LCP and change the value of that tag to "True" for every instance of the tag in the LCP.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That location should work fine. One thing to check is the value of the tag "stCamera:CameraRawProfile" in the LCP file. If the value is "False" then the profile was built for output referred (e.g. JPEG) images. It may still work for raw files, so you can make a copy of the LCP and change the value of that tag to "True" for every instance of the tag in the LCP.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MANY thanks for that. Once I changed the one value to TRUE, all worked as planned.

I would never have found that solution by myself 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines