• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the default MP change?

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused - Can someone explain to me why the MP change depending on the image when imported into Camera Raw when the setting is set to default? I use the same camera everytime - Sony A7II - and it shoots at 24.3 MP so I don't know what this means... Should I click resize to fit and set it at 24 MP?

I am also wondering what is the idea Raw Defaults settings? The Adobe Default or Camera Settings?

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 8.21.53 PM.png

 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you have cropped the image to 3148 x 4197 which is  13.2 Mp. This is adequate for a good quality 12 x 16 in. print. How much output resolution do you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this is a raw file, not an RGB file cropped to that size? "Default" should always be the full sensor resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elie_di_0-1642243639941.png

The UI of ACR's "Workflow" dialog (which is parallel to LRC's "Export"), by some quirk of Adobe design, labels the cropped image's dimensions as the new default (prior to resizing) no matter what the image source. The illustration above is with a CR3 file (32.3 MP) radically cropped to 2000 x 3000. LRC Export does not have this bit of text. I suppose it is useful as a reminder of your starting resolution before resizing, but surely "Cropped Size" would have been more appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, get it. You're right. Any cropping will come up like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines