Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

X-Rite Custom Color Profile dose Not Show in Camera Raw

Guide ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

I use the X-Rite Color Checker and  Imported a Shot from the Color Checker in Camera Raw, and Saved It as.DNG. Later I drag the.DNG file Into the X-Rite ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software to create a Custom Profile. The Profile is saved In this Folder:

User-AppData-Roaming-Adobe-CameraRaw-CameraProfiles.

When I open Camera Raw, inside the Profile I do see Color-Monochrome, and Browse. If I use Browse, It only shows the Adobe original Profiles such as Artistic, B&W, Modern, Vintage.

I do not see the Custom Profile that was created by the X-Rite Software. I personally do not like this new Interface, I like the Older Version of Camera Raw.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

UPDATED:

Dear thedigitaldog. 

I think I found the issue. The X-Rite Shot was not a Raw Shot. I did some more testing, shooting the XRite In Raw, and now I do see it Inside the Profile. I always shoot In Raw, I was accidentally testing a none RAW Image.

One question please:

Inside the X-Rite software, I also see ICC-Tiff. What Is That

Thank you very much.

Profile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should show up and all works on this end. Are you sure you're asking to see the profile for the specific camera you've made the profile for (other cameras will filter out the profile). 

If you attempt to create the profile again, in the X-rite standalone instead of using LR, any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATED:

Dear thedigitaldog. 

I think I found the issue. The X-Rite Shot was not a Raw Shot. I did some more testing, shooting the XRite In Raw, and now I do see it Inside the Profile. I always shoot In Raw, I was accidentally testing a none RAW Image.

One question please:

Inside the X-Rite software, I also see ICC-Tiff. What Is That

Thank you very much.

Profile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR and Lightroom use DCP profiles. Other applications use ICC profiles and the software provides an option depending on where the profile will be used. ICC profiles are used on rendered images like TIFF, DCP profiles on raw images with converters that support such profiles:

Everything you thought you wanted to know about DNG/DCP camera profiles:
All about In this 30 minute video, we will look into the creation and use of DNG (.dcp) camera profiles in three raw converters. The video covers:
What are DNG camera profiles, how do they differ from ICC camera profiles.
Misconceptions about DNG camera profiles.
Just when, and why do you need to build custom DNG camera profiles?
How to build custom DNG camera profiles using the X-rite Passport software.
The role of various illuminants on camera sensors and DNG camera profiles.
Dual Illuminant DNG camera profiles.
Examples of usage of DNG camera profiles in Lightroom, ACR, and Iridient Developer.
Low Rez (YouTube):
http://youtu.be/_fikTm8XIt4
High Rez (download):
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/DNG%20Camera%20profile%20video.mov

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear thedigitaldog.

Thank you very much.

Excellent Video Tutorial. Lots Of Important Information.

Thanks Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines