• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xmp files in different locations-some present in ACR, some not.

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-I work exclusively in ACR and Photoshop. I have purchased Profiles and Presets (and also made up some of my own. Recently I noticed that some of the Profiles were not present in my Profiles Tab in ACR. I've tried to reinstall them and I get an error message steing 'already installed'. Questions- Why do I have 2 different adresses where these are located (both viewable and not viewable)? What is the correst address? I've tried clicking on the zips, extracting them and dragging and dropping the xmp's into the different folders. Just about everything! I've looked at the preferences in both ACR and PS CC to see if I could find the address or select an address to look at. No luck. I am not a computer guru but do know my way around a bit. I'm enclosing 2 screen shots that show the 2 different addresses and what is viewable and not viewable in ACR. I've thought that maybe I just need to uninstall PSCC and start over. This all started after the last update.Thanks in advance for any help.

For Adobe Help Program Data Address.jpg

 

For Adobe Help Program Data Address #2.jpg

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this reply from Thomas Knoll, it may help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/vsco-missing-in-camera-raw-since-2020-update/m-p/11401194?...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO much for the link. It was not able to help me though.I'm sending you 2 more screen prints with the information listed as best as I can. I don't expect any quick answers if you are even available to help. I should be able to figure this out myself but I am at a loss right now. The community is my last resort. I'm at the point now where I just may delete all of them and try to reinstall them (I've got unlimited downloads for the profiles I've bought). I may also uninstall\reinstall Phototshop, see where they put all thier profiles and copy and paste  into that directory. I do appreciate your taking the time to help. I'm not getting much editing done trying to figure this out. I don't NEED profiles, they are just a help.

Gary Fern 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines