• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Disable built-in lens profile

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own Micro43 and compact cameras, where lens profiles are integrated in RAW files. With software like Capture One Pro, I can easily enable or disable theses built-in profiles. Actually, there is even a slider allowing to enable 0% or 100% of the built-in profile, and whatever percentage in between.

In LR (CC, Classic or LR6), the checkox for enabling or disabling profiles does not work with built-in profiles, which always stay enabled. This seriously limits the possibilities of several cameras which possibilities get unleashed by actual RAW developpers like Capture One Pro.

I'm actually a COP user (after switching from LR) but DAM sucks with COP and this built-in lens profile thing is the only deal breaker for me to come back. So please let users disable built-in lens profiles, or at least offer workarounds.

As a workaround, a dumb "zero" profile that would replace the built-in one (not coming on top of it) could do the job.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020
This has been implemented for select camera models going forward from the August release (Camera Raw 12.4, Lightroom Classic 9.4 and LIghtroom Desktop 3.4).  There are no plans to make this retroactive to previously released camera models. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
129 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really should enable this for older cameras. Most of the cameras that are not enabled for this are currently sold models. I find it terribly annoying I can't disable built-in profiles for the Nikon Z7 I mostly shoot with. Nikon's software easily allows me to disable the profiles and Adobe doesn't apply the built-in correction correctly in the vignette (Nikon does). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Victoria_Bampton_Lightroom_Queen Well, thank you for you reply, but my concern is not the ages ago cameras and lenses but new lenses and cameras we use like the Nikon Z equipment i have now. Adobe is a tool to make our life and work easier, not pleasing equipment companies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reviving this issue. PLEASE implement the existing fix for newer cameras to the first generation of Nikon Z cameras. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just bought a new Z9.  Images taken with the Z lenses, especially ultrawide lenses, are STILL being autocorrected. I thought this was fixed??? C'mon, Adobe, get your act together. Otherwise, well,there are other editing packages, I use several. Adobe might go the way of the dodo on my PC if this is not resolved.  Storm and lighting shots look awful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate