• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sigma SD1 - when will the Merrill sensors be supported, please!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2 years since the SD1 was first shown, and 1 1/2 years since a family of Sigma bodies using the 15.4/16Mp sensor began to fill out. There are now thousands of DP and SD Merrill bodies out there, and yet Lightroom/ACR still have no support for them.

Third party support does exist from one small developer, so it can't be that hard to process these files - please, support these cameras or give a definitive explanation for the lack of support so users can pursue the right angle to get support.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014
We currently do not have a timetable for direct support in ACR/Lr. Sorry. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
46 Comments
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree completely. At least some sort of explanation or timeline or even a flat out "never" if that's the case (hopefully not) would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a question that Adobe doesn't have an answer for, or just can't comment on? Given the new CC subscription paradigm, the answer is highly relevant to purchase considerations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love to see Sigma Merrill based cameras supported. The Sigma SD-1 may be a small portion of the market, but the Sigma DP-1M, DP-2M, and DP-3M are all large sensor compacts that lots of people use alongside many different kinds of DSLRs, so there are more people shooting them than you would think.

You used to support X3F files from the SD-14 and earlier. Even though I'd love to see SD-15 support, I don't think people would much if you just picked up at Merrill support going forward if that was a sticking point.

Also, I can say for sure that if you support Merrill cameras you'll have one more Photoshop CC subscription than you did before - as it stands for years now I've had no particular reason to use Photoshop and so I've been drifting away as a customer.

Photoshop makes some of the best photographic tools in the business, don't you feel the urge to be the application that gets to develop digital images like this:

Original:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kigiphot...

Smaller:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me as one among the many who would be very pleased to have LR/PS support for Merrill files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stands for sleep? Its dark in Lightroom! Foveon shelves are empty in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to Photoshop CC and Lightroom, now I ́m urgently waiting for Raw support for my DP2M camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time owner of several successive DP cameras from Sigma (DP2s, then DP1x, now DP2 Merrill) I would very much welcome the support for especially the Merrill camery in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Thank you for considering this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that in my profession it is unwise to limit one's self by saying I'm not doing this or that. Adobe is limiting/reducing it's customer base by not fully supporting the Foveon sensor. Why is this?

I currently use PS5 and LR5 however am not likely to continue updating or using CC as Adobe does not support my camera(s) of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to have Sigma DPXM support as well. I'll keep using my DP2M regardless, but I would be more likely to invest in Adobe products if they could clean up my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see this supported in lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG Converter supports older DP series. Why can't Lightroom support x3f directly? DP1 Merrill lens profile already exists in Lightroom. We are all looking forward to the x3f support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 23, 2014 Feb 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Adobe had knowledge of the new foveon sensor coming in the just-announced Quattro models so held off on Merrill-model support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty please Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please help us Merrill users. Sigma Photo Pro is really one of the worst RAW processing softwares, workflow will be so much faster in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Camera Raw and DNG Converter also support the Sigma SD15 (not listed), but is support on its way for the X3F files from the larger Merrill sensor in the SD1 and new DP1 & DP2?

With a background of amateur black and white photography, the more I use and learn about Camera Raw, the more impressed I am. It gives me the same satisfaction that I used to derive from darkroom work, but in the new digital world. Good as it is, for me, Sigma's raw processing software is simply no match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a good amount of response here, but nothing from Adobe... and now we have the Quattro sensor to contend with which is a new setup again.

Come on, please - there may not be many SD1/SD1M owners, but the DP Merrill range has been quite popular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated dp1x -> dp1m. There is no LR support. It's awfull!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of support for Merrills has so far restrained me to try (let alone buy) a DP2M, which seems like a quite interesting tool nonetheless, and has become affordable lately.
+1 for Merriil support in LR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I am shouting. This is infuriating - why is a camera that has been out for four years still unsupported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SPP is horrible compared to Photoshop, we love you Adobe.

SAVE US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently do not have a timetable for direct support in ACR/Lr. Sorry. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, wasn't it yourself about 1.5-2 yrs ago that indicated that this support was being worked on. Any insights into what derailed these efforts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought Lightroom 5 for my old SD14 and it works. Now i bought the better sd1 Merril and Adobe doesn't support it. HEELLP!

Votes

Translate

Translate