• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: HSL Adjustments for Local Adjustment Tools

Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The addition of HSL controls for the adjustment brush and the gradient tools would be a wonderful advancement and offer LR another great feature set that I'm sure would come in handy for the vast majority of Lightroom users.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 137 Replies 137
137 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use the HSL sliders but you can use the Color Range Mask in local adjustments;

1 Use one of the Local Selection tools to Select and area that includes the red you want to change

2 Use the Range Mask/Color to select just the range of color you want.

3 Change the local Hue, Saturation and Exposue sliders. Exposure is the substitute for L in HSL

Check Youtube for a video on using the Color Range Mask in Lightroom Classic for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, that works really well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanted to pass this on to the developers of Lightroom (and even Adobe RAW). This would be a feature people would hopefully find useful. I always assumed it would eventually be introduced, but it still hasn't been - so here we are 🙂

https://youtu.be/bh12Nr_7FhY

Thanks for reading/watching

Tom Hall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way you can develop a way to use the HSL panel in a masked area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why cant we get hsl adjustments on masks? if i only want to edit hsl in one part of the image i cant, this feature would be extremely useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AI face masking is a fantastic feature. The ability to select faces, other skin, and individual features is such a time saver compared to manually selecting. Now more than ever it would be very beneficial to have the HSL/Color panel available for individual masks. Teeth yellow? AI mask, go into yellow and lighten/desaturate. Bloodshot eyes? AI mask sclera and go into red and lighten/desaturate. You can do a universal color saturation and lightness adustment but not specific colors. This doesn't give the same great result that being able to work with the specific colors can give. If possible, please add this feature. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HSL w maskach bardzo by sie przydał mi tez twgo brakuje najlepiej jeszcze jak by było koło bawr tak jak jest Capture one

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please enable the HSL tools in mask mode. 

This would make adjusting skin tones so much easier. 

(Add a mask based on person X's skin tone, exludin lips, and then adjust the reds and yellows separately.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really time to add all the color adjustments to the masking function.

I don't know how many times clients have to ask for this, and yet only a tiny bit more is ever added to the masks.

It's just such an essential part to be able to adjust colors, saturations and luminances (HSL) in the masks.

I can't believe this hasn't been added yet again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the new maksing features in Lightroom Classic. Since you added the tone curve I think it would also be beneficial to add the Hue, Saturation and Luminance, HSL, panel inside the masking feature. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DXO Photolab 7 now offers local HSL. Like Capture One.

Please Adobe, this is now a long long overdue feature many times requested by LRc users....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With today's release of Point Color, this has taken another step forward: 

Point Color for Global and Local adjustments allows for a three-dimensional (HSL) selection of and adjustment in three dimensions (HSL) of any color on your image with the option to refine ranges and outputs.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate