• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: HSL Adjustments for Local Adjustment Tools

Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The addition of HSL controls for the adjustment brush and the gradient tools would be a wonderful advancement and offer LR another great feature set that I'm sure would come in handy for the vast majority of Lightroom users.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 137 Replies 137
137 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because these damn libraries are sooooooooo useful.... really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely 100% want this as well!!!!!  Adobe, it's time for Lightroom to 'grow up'!  Without the ability to control HSL settings locally, Lightroom is just a glorified 'toy' IMHO.  I can't say the number of times I've needed to decrease a colour's saturation, or change a colour's hue on a SPECIFIC part of an image.  What are you waiting for?

Does anyone know of another image editing program that currently allows users to easily adjust HSL settings to specific parts of an image?   If such a program exists, it might be time to ditch Lightroom altogether!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One
P

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON1 photoraw 2019 as plugin for Lightroom or phototoshop when lightroom is not enough. it could replace lightroom but some features remain better in lightroom in library, print and develop modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But don't forget the graduated filter trick, outside image :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEwetJGgKA0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree it would be easier to have HSL sliders, you do have the functionality already. You can select the skin only by using the adjustment brush, if needed combined with a range mask. Then you can adjust the saturation with the saturation slider of the brush, and the hue with the white balance sliders of the brush.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Champ and .... while you may or may not be correct - depending on your personal standards on what good color is, telling clients that what they hanker for repeatedly and insistently is available via workarounds and that they should just read up on it is .... a marketing 101 no-no and probably experienced on the receiving end as tantamount to tone deafness (forgive the pun). Is that what Adobe is looking for? The fix can't be that technically challenging for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with *Johan Elzengathe new Color Range Mask local controls are much more selective than the HSL panel controls. IMHO they are also much easier to use and provide better results once you understand how they work. See my post below for more details.

https://console.getsatisfaction.com/photoshop_family/conversations/hsl_controls_for_adjustment_brush...

Here's an example using the new Color Range Mask control compared to the current global HSL controls. The objective in this example was to remove the color saturation in the Magenta color block. A Graduated filter was applied to the right chart to allow comparing the results with the left chart. You can apply ANY number of settings and will achieve the same degree of selectivity, which is far superior to the HSL sliders TAT control. You can download and test this image file for yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2df6jd7ernto41/IMG_1837_Canon600D.dng?dl=0

Color Range Mask Controls

HSL Controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all who argue on technical ground in this feed: you are missing the point. 

The point is: when clients and long-time users keep asking for a simple fix just provide it - don't lecture; enough lecturing already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of the main reasons I keep looking to other software. Adobe, if you are reading this, you are falling behind. You need to start making improvements or we're just going to find better software to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be awesome. Now currently In real estate photos I desaturate yellow and orange with lightroom, then open the image in photoshop to mask the areas I want. It would be much faster to have the HSL be brushable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.  It's only a 9 year old request so keep hoping.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For obvious reasons. Please and thank you, all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came to this forum after being told in a user-to-user forum that Adode staff reads all the comments here. Since the first request for a brushable HSL dates to 9 years (YEARS!) ago, and the last mention of any attention paid by Adobe is 5 years old, I'm wondering why this is proving so difficult? Could someone at Adobe please explain the delay? If such a function is impossible, then please say so and we'll all shut up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more!
P

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not responding destroys loyalty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I requessted this feature WAY back in LR2.  Adobe ignores their users!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everybody,
yes, it is strange. i am using luminar or ON1 now for artistic effects. gorgeous.
lightroom gives me a decent image especially with seimeffects, ramelli,... presets and then luminar4 pops all and come back to lightroom for dodge and burn with radial and graduated filters+brush.
this forum seems not the best. i post such request on other ones like julieannekost tweets+blog, lightroomkillertips. feel free to join there too 🙂
https://lightroomkillertips.com/february-2020-lightroom-classic-adobe-camera-raw-and-lightroom-cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local Hue was implemented in the June 2020 Release. See https://theblog.adobe.com/from-the-acr-team-introducing-the-hue-adjustment-tool/ for details!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, the post was just 9 years old 😄
Jokes apart, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asking Adobe for this feature since the local adjustment brush was added in LR2 I believe. They don't listen to end users. Ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will go look. I was in a car accident earlier this month so I haven't updated my software yet this month. It would be nice to see this was added ten years or so after I was the first one to ask for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. They half assed it again. There needs to be an eye dropper function to select the exact shade/hue of the target color you want to affect. Adobe is king at half asking updates that have been requested for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate