• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Merge to HDR-Pano Render larger previews

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only contains a very small preview, which will not allow proper viewing from any app that uses the embedded preview.

The size of this preview does not reflect the setting for the size of embedded previews.

The preview size of the resulting DNG should at least contain on option to have a fullsize preview embedded and respect the overall setting for embedded previews.

System: Windows 10, Applications: Camera Raw in Photoshop and Lightroom Classic

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

The current behavior is as designed and a feature request would be the proper course for this thread. I will convert it thusly. 

Workaround: 
You can force ACR to recalculate the previews (and control the size) using the “Update DNG Previews” command from the […]  menu in inside the ACR dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating a HDR or Panorama in Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom, the resulting DNG only contains a very small preview, which will not allow proper viewing from any app that uses the embedded preview.

The size of this preview does not reflect the setting for the size of embedded previews.

The preview size of the resulting DNG should at least contain on option to have a fullsize preview embedded and respect the overall setting for embedded previews.

System: Windows 10, Applications: Camera Raw in Photoshop and Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the text above is incomplete - here is the correct version:

When merging HDR/panoramas in ACR or LR Classic, the resulting DNG file only contains a very small preview, which will not allow proper viewing from any app that uses the embedded preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this setting have any effect on the size?

ACRprefs.jpg

Do you have Lightroom? After DNG creation, I wonder if you set up the DNG preview preferences, then use the Update DNG Preview command. It then saves the preview to the size you specified. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your response.

I am not using Lightroom at the moment. I am aware, that there is the command in Lightroom to rebuilt the preview, but LR and ACR should respect the setting you mentioned, already when creating the DNG file in the Merge HDR/Panorama process.

My setting was set to full size, but also when changed to Medium size, nothing changed. Previews are still less the 1 Megapixel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR idea was just a test to see if indeed, you get a larger preview. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I just imported my test image into lightroom and recreated the DNG embedded preview manually and it worked as it should. So the image itself is not the problem. It just seems like the HDR/Panorama-module is ignoring that setting and embedding only a very small preview instead, which in my opinion is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, thanks for the test.

Let's move this from discussion to bug, OK? Then the Adobe team will take a look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's leave this in Discussions until the Camera Raw team responds. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Rikk here, you've got the attention to move forward. 

absolutely! Thank you!

By @berliner_ffm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current behavior is as designed and a feature request would be the proper course for this thread. I will convert it thusly. 

Workaround: 
You can force ACR to recalculate the previews (and control the size) using the “Update DNG Previews” command from the […]  menu in inside the ACR dialog.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate