• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Need scrolling behavior of Apple Magic Mouse in ACR to be the same as in Photoshop

LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Apple Magic Mouse, which lets me use its upper surface as a trackpad. In older versions of ACR, scrolling with the mouse panned the open image the same way it still does in Photoshop. Starting in 2020, scrolling the mouse in ACR began changing the spot-removal brush size and adjustment brush size instead of panning the open image. I want mouse-scrolling behavior to go back to the way it was in ACR and still is in Photoshop. (Oh, sweet consistency!) Why can't Adobe give me the option in ACR to have mouse scrolling work the way it used to, which is the way I want it to? I searched and found this problem raised in forums in 2020, but as far as I can tell Adobe still hasn't provided that option.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this comment.  I have down-graded my PS, bridge and ACR to accomplish this.  Having two sets of controls for interlinked programs shows very poor management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include the option to set the scrolling behavior of the MAC magic mouse in ACR to the same behavior as in PS.  It worked this way since I started using the magic mouse.  Now it changes brush size rather than panning.  I have frozen my updates of ACR, Bridge and PS until this is corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the current version of ACR (14.3) my Magic Mouse behavior is to pan the image as it always has with no tool selected.

Check your settings for Zoom and Pan in the General Section of Preferences. 

If you are in a tool such as Spot Removal, the space bar and mouse drag will enable panning.  

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate