• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Canon .CR3 Camera-matching Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format... making it difficult to get work done. Only slightly surprised that this wasnt planned for beforehand since there still isnt a 64bit version of the adobe programs that i can use on the most current version of MacOS.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain an update for this topic. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Camera Matching Profiles are now available for:

• Canon EOS 90D
  • Canon EOS 250D
  • Canon EOS 850D
  • Canon EOS M6 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M50 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M200
  • Canon EOS RP
  • Canon EOS Ra

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 501 Replies 501
501 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Fidelity have released new v3 profiles for the 1DX III and R5 and I received an email with the new profiles which are now XML rather than DCP.  the documentation states  The colour has been pushed very close to Canon "Camera Standard" as per user requests.
First impressions thus far are very positive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to include the website in post above
https://www.colorfidelity.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

''and edited the internal camera id fields to M6ii.'' how did u do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely need those camera profiles ! Please work on it adobe and canon !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Fidelity has released the M6 MkII profiles (which are the ones I needed), and they work beautifully. 
I did a few tests taking both JPGs and RAWs and they give the closest 'look' to what Canon intended (vs Adobe and another 3rd party I tried). 

Totally worth the $15/camera profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't they have fixed it by now ?
What about an announcement from Adobe about progression or reasons for not doing anything?

Lightroom is not for Canon users anymore, it seems. Very unfortunate.

Btw. Your link does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or maybe they need minimum 2 years ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It is hard  to understand Adobe's neglect in this area."

I very much agree with that !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will R5 camera color profiles be added to adobe products and why do none of the latest modern canon cameras have these profiles in lightroom. Is there an issue between adobe and canon that is preventing this from happening ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

switching from CR2 files to CR3 and the adobe profiles are not good, this has halted my workflow,. I expect for a subscription service to keep up with updates, this camera has been out for a while and i am at a stand still with production unless I want to spend an enormous amount of time corrected the lacking adobe profile,.. LR is a workflow product that is now turned into a workflow stopper. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Matching Profiles: 

Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support.  It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased. 

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people in the merged conversation have reported they like the third-party profiles from Color Fidelity ($15):

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/camera-rawlightroom-classic-support-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

made a submission and now it has been merged, the question has still not been answered, when/if will camera profile for canon happen? I got a patronizing response but nothing that indicates if this is going to happen.  the adobe profile makes these images look like 1980 color, and if I have to use DPP or another program that ruins the benefit of LR as a workflow tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can a small guy like " colorfidelity " have a better camera profile (not perfect but light years better than adobe standard) than the massive adobe inc.? when will cr3 support happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NarratusMedia Well you could do the same. By creating your own DCP profiles (software free) and/or editing existing profiles (again, with free software). 

Everything you thought you wanted to know about DNG/DCP camera profiles:
All about In this 30 minute video, we will look into the creation and use of DNG (.dcp) camera profiles in three raw converters. The video covers:
What are DNG camera profiles, how do they differ from ICC camera profiles.
Misconceptions about DNG camera profiles.
Just when, and why do you need to build custom DNG camera profiles?
How to build custom DNG camera profiles using the X-rite Passport software.
The role of various illuminants on camera sensors and DNG camera profiles.
Dual Illuminant DNG camera profiles.
Examples of usage of DNG camera profiles in Lightroom, ACR, and Iridient Developer.
Low Rez (YouTube):
http://youtu.be/_fikTm8XIt4
High Rez (download):
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/DNGCameraprofilevideo.mov

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, but I'm paying monthly for software so i don't have to do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to find out if adobe is going to add it or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's like suggesting that because you pay for a monthly subscription, Adobe should also provide output profiles for your printers. Nope. You have Adobe Standard. You want other profiles. Buy them if you must, create them yourself for free. Your choice. 

Oh, you can stop subscription anytime too. I don't see how throwing out the baby with the bathwater is useful but of course you can do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to find out if adobe is going to add it or not

Currently, not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, Im not a trainer, or tech, just trying to get back the function that the product had before the camera upgrade, but at least your there to defend adobe. thanks for the info , hopefully someone will  answer the original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, Im not a trainer, or tech, just trying to get back the function that the product had before the camera upgrade

You upgraded a camera, nothing changed otherwise with LR. 

, but at least your there to defend adobe

No, I'm providing you the facts and a fix you apparently can't produce. Fine. 

Adobe may provide camera matching profiles in the future, maybe means maybe, and if Canon made it easier (didn't hide some information in their proprietary raws with newer CR versions), Adobe might have an easier time as they did in the past. You asked a question, you got a factual answer. So did the OP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%. This is something that Adobe always delivered for previous cameras. One of the biggest reasons I subscribed. The Camera Standard profile was just great. But not anymore. No more Camera Matching profiles for new Canon cameras (after the EOS R). To me this is worse than if Adobe removed the highlight slider. But another arrogant replier (that does not seem to be from Adobe) would just answer: "What's your problem; You have the shadow slider. Use that instead. Or make your own slider". Man that is not helping. At all. So maybe we can have a real answer now. From Adobe this time, I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well if your factual answer gives a solution to me then maby you should send it to adobe, if its that easy then they have even less of a reason to not supply the function to the customers asking for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affects: Camera Raw - Lightroom Classic - Lightroom Ecosystem (Desktop, Mobile and Web)

Camera Matching Profiles: 
Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support.  It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera models or camera manufacturers or in the event of major changes in file format by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased. 

Note: Not all cameras will ultimately receive Camera Matching profiles. 

Other Options:

The free DNG Profile Tool will allow you to create a custom calibration for your specific camera. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html  If your concern is immediate access to accurate color profiling this is a good option to take control and provide an accurate profile to your camera.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate