• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Canon .CR3 Camera-matching Profiles

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently zero support for .CR3 camera color profiles in Lightroom... especially since the newer Canon cameras use a .CR3 format... making it difficult to get work done. Only slightly surprised that this wasnt planned for beforehand since there still isnt a 64bit version of the adobe programs that i can use on the most current version of MacOS.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain an update for this topic. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Camera Matching Profiles are now available for:

• Canon EOS 90D
  • Canon EOS 250D
  • Canon EOS 850D
  • Canon EOS M6 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M50 Mark II
  • Canon EOS M200
  • Canon EOS RP
  • Canon EOS Ra

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 501 Replies 501
501 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DID provide a factual answer, it was pasted here 2 months ago. Since some haven't found it, I'll paste it again (2nd time today):

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/what-does-camera-support-mean/5f5f46...

Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased. 

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles. ”

The last sentence is key to read and accept. This may change, it may not. 

In the meantime you can work towards your own solution of complain. The former takes less time than the later actually. 

If you spend five minutes complaining, you have just wasted five minutes.” Anonymous

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooo now we have quotes from anonymous, this is getting fun

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooo now we have quotes from anonymous, this is getting fun

Nope:

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not to antagonize too much, but the biggest question is when and if , the vague response adobe is giving should be clarified.,  

In all seriousness i do appreciate you info, i will look at it further if I have time,, I spend more time behind the camera than at the desk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was clarification in the URL provided from Adobe. 

You will need to spend a minute or two behind the camera to create your own DCP camera profiles but it is time well spent. Maybe some time editing them to match a JPEG (questionable if that's even necessary, rendering controls as outlined above, saved as a Preset can probably provide a subjective acceptance of a 'match' which no one anywhere ever guaranteed would produce a match in all cases). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I'll stop here, your not getting were i am coming from and that's fine, you can release me back into the wild. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does adobe ever post in here? to this thread that is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

last question got merged so I will try again, seems third parties can make a profile that is close but not quite there, it has been a long time since the cr3 came out, if there a guess or timeline of camera profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does adobe ever post in here?

Yes; as the URL I provided with the post from Adobe illustrates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can make or edit a DCP camera profile. You simply need the software to do so, at least two companies (Adobe and X-rite) have free products to do so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice thread. 

- I paid the $15 to ColorFidelity for the M6mkII profiles.  I didn't want to spend time creating my own DCP, but I do want to easily get a BASELINE on RAW that looks close to what Canon JPG is.
Although not imposible by any means, I don't think creating a good profile is 5 minutes, and if it were, Adobe could've done it already

- I know I can use Canon's DPP to get an exact match. But I actually enjoy doing all my photo processing in LR. 

- I don't DEMAND Adobe to get these camera matching profiles out. It would be nice, that's all. Again, because I actually enjoy doing 100% of my processing in LR. 

- In other words, Adobe Product Managers, I think there's some need for these profiles..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a profile is about 5 minutes to produce after shooting a target. 

I never said nor suggested editing any profile to mimic a JPEG would take 5 minutes. Might, probably not. Absolutely doable either with the free DNG camera profile editor OR using the Calibration Pane and other sliders then produce a preset. Does it or will it match ALL JPEGs? Doubtful nor can Adobe or anyone else guarantee such profiles or presets will always do so.

I do want to easily get a BASELINE on RAW that looks close 

The key word is close.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that there is an official response from Adobe employee Rikk Flohr at the top of this conversation, posted 13 hours ago.

Also note that Adobe has marked this feature request as "planned". But it's very unlikely that you'll get a timeline from Adobe -- to quote Rikk, "ETA for any type of camera support is generally not announced in advance of release."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take a break andrew lets hear from someone else,  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read Rikk but its a vague "we aren't going to answer answer and then there is andrew_rodney who must sit next to Rikk but Ill keep asking hope there will be a real answer soon instead of the not going to answer that answers................

Using a profile now from conlorfidelity but its not the same and tried using my color chart from Xrite, but it not the same, it has been said it only take a few minutes in this thread multiple times but if so then adobe could do it better than me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing at all vague. You didn't hear an answer you want to hear, oh well. 

Those who know when (because they either work for Adobe or are under NDA) can't say. Those who are not might tell you something you want to hear that's not accurate. 

Rikk provided the facts directly from inside Adobe, it's a real answer. You can accept or ignore the actual answer; it's not going to make the profiles appear for you. 

ok, I'll stop here, your not getting were i am coming from and that's fine, you can release me back into the wild. 

Released <g>

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else did answer: John Ellis below. 

it's very unlikely that you'll get a timeline from Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you again for another riveting response Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you again for another riveting response Andrew

OK, since you must have an answer (date) accurate or made up, the profiles you desire will be released on February 29. <g>. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol love it! andrew_rodney your the greatest!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I ever get to santa fe, we got to do coffee! your a trip andrew_rodney,.. 

ill wait a day or so and ask the same question again and we can start over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my apologies daniel_nikhoo_683pb7az4x0q2, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ill wait a day or so and ask the same question again and we can start over

Albert Einstein- "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help adobe get newer canons to have profiles through petitioning the mfg or what ever would help, specifically the pro bodies like the r5, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year old thread and I am still waiting for these profiles.

I wonder if Adobe can give us some more info about what is going on, please? Is there any progress? Does Canon refuse to provide you with the information you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate