• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for sensor shift images

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an OMDS (formally Olympus) camera.  Standard images are 20MP.  The camera provides two levels of high resolution enhancement by sensor shift.  The first is Hand Held High Resolution.  This produces a nominally 50MP composite image using hand movement for sensor shift.  The second it Tripod High Resolution.  Here the camera is fixed and the sensor is moved by algorithm producing a nominal 80MP image.  If processed through the OMDS OM Workspace software, quite pleasing images are produced.  There are two levels of processing, standard and using the AI Noise Reduction plug-in.
I've done some experimenting and in terms of rendering detail and sharpening artefacts, I've not been able to get LrC to replicate the quality produced by OM Workspace, close but not as good.  This is quite remarkable give that OM Workspace is free to OMDS owners.  I suspect this may be due proprietary sensor shift algorithms being used but I don't know.  Nobody wants to have to use two processes to get the best out of their images.  I think this is an area that could do with beeing looked into.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further to the above, there is much I don't like about OM Workspace but it has an advantage in sharpening and noise rteduction in high ISO and sensor shift images.  LrC alone is my prefered editing software for low ISO standard resolution .ORF images which I convert to ,DNG on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate