• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12.3 Database instead of Sidecar Files?

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 12.3 and latest version of Photoshop CS. Am I crazy (possibly), I don't see the option to choose a database instead of separate XMP Sidecar files. Is this feature gone? Using a MacBook Pro running Catalina. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exactly the same issue here. Camera Raw database seems to be gone. Let's hope that this is a bug soon to be fixed and not a "feature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to ACR 12.2 because of this issue, and am waiting until they fix it.  ACR 12.3 still uses the database for all your existing raw files, but as soon as you change an image, it writes the settings into an XMP file instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, ACR is not writing auto-assigned profile changes to XMP. This mean the changes are not portable and Bridge does not recognize that the files has adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I contacted Adobe and they have acknowledged that it could be a bug. I got around the problem by overwriting the newest ACR release with the previous version. No need to uninstall anything; just go to the Adobe web site and download the previous version of ACR and install it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gary for taking the time. If I understand you correctly, this means that one can install the latest version of Pshop and then simply revert to the previous ACR. This would allow you to benefit from the enhancements in Pshop while keeping the previous ACR.

BTW I love the part "could be a bug". Which means, translated in proper English, "is an effing bug".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Roger. Yes, that's what I did. Luckily, unlike a lot of other software, Adobe appears to allow over-writing of a newer version of ACR with an older version, without affecting the latest version of Photoshop. In fact I have since received a email from Adobe suggesting I do exactly that and stick with ACR 12.2 until they fix the issues associated with version 12.3. My understanding is that this will be overwritten automatically on the next automated update for ACR. Of course, if that version doesn't fix the bug, then I guess I'll be reinstalling version 12.2 again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines